Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do we need literature?

    I suppose this is pretty everyone interprets literature so differently, the "point" is probably different for everyone as well. For me personally, I suppose it's something of an escape. I ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lake

    A lovely, wistful poem, beautiful in its simplicity. I thought the repetition might get tedious, but you didn't overdo it and changed the structure in the last stanza, so it ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    9/10 I think I already rated that one. Yeats is always beautiful. 6/10 Pretty overused, but true anyway. 8/10 That's pretty... what is it from?

    May 18, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Broken Monotones

    That's lovely! I really have no critique. ^_^ I loved your imagery and word choice. You really captured the serenity of witnessing the birth of a new day, that way ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    9/10 I love that poem! ^_^

    May 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    The way I see it, there is so much serious cruelty and crime and evil in the world that things like whether sex before marriage is unethical seems trivial in ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The Logarithm of Love

    There's definitely something here... It's very unique, and you made math poetic, which I didn't event think possible. ^_^ But it was rather confusing. Perhaps that was intentional? I couldn't ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    XD 9/10. It's true...

    May 14, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    What is it about? I love sci fi if it's really good sci fi. But alot of it is cheesy. XD

    May 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Chrysalis

    Thank you! ^_^ Edit: I was thinking of perhaps revising the last line, changing it so something like this: Made the first tentative flutter of fragile painted wings. I think ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Prostitutes; Victims or Criminals?

    Um... neither? I mean, sometimes they're victims, sure, if they're child prostitutes, or forced into prostitution. And in the US, sure, technically they are criminals. But personally I don't think ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What bands/artists are your favorite?

    No particular order: Regina Spektor Radiohead Death Cab for Cutie The Red Hot Chili Peppers The Killers Arcade Fire The Shins Snow Patrol Secret Machines The Cranberries The White Stripes ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Chrysalis

    She cupped the wriggling larvae in her palms and whispered her plea, her words as frail as spider silk: You and I have butterfly dreams. Teach me how to metamorphose. ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This is a Suicide Poem

    Rather brilliant. the first powerful suicide poem I've ever read that wasn't by Sylvia Plath or someone. XD I guess I don't totally fathom it... my interpretation is that it's ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Them

    Hmm... Content wise, I can definitely relate to this, though I've heard it before. Style wise... it's really ramble-y and just not that poetic. I think it has potential though; ...

    May 12, 2008


XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory