Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Romantic Short Stories Re: No Day But Today

    Yay RENT! I'm not a huge Romance fan, but I do like sad, sweet stories. This was a bit fluffy and predictable,but fairly well-written and a fun read. My biggest ...

    Aug 31, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Alaska Governor Palin Picked as McCain Running Mate

    I was totally shocked. I mean, noone notices us out here in Alaska, much less involves us in campaigns! I disagree with Sarah Palin's stance on just about everything. It's ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The best I can give is 2%

    Ooh, it confused me initially, but I love the words in bold and the swap of "red" and "read". Very e. e. cummings. I'm afraid this is going to be ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Hugh Laure: House [a sketch]

    House! That's pretty friggin' amazing. You captured him. ^_^ Since you are exponentially better at art than me, I don't feel like I have a right to suggest anything but ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Into the Male mind...

    I feel for you... I just wrote a short story from a male perspective and I don't know if his voice was realistic, because how am I supposed to know ...

    Aug 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character descriptions for first person

    Yeah, just try to make the descriptions subtle and natural... Think about when your character would most likely be thinking about their appearance, like if they were comparing themselves to ...

    Aug 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Evil, are we born with it?

    To try to make my opinion make sense, I will describe the perspectives of two philosophers. Thomas Hobbes was a philosopher who was a total pessimist. He believed that people ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bob Cat's Death

    I'm thinking not? *shrugs* Big cats don't kill people, stupidity kills people. :)

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bull Fighting

    Thanks for that perspective, you make some good points. I know that for many people, what they grow up with influences their morals, but there are many aspects of American ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The World Police

    [quote]America should only be involved in conflicts that are in her national interest.[/quote] This was the Clinton Administration's approach to the tragic genocide in Rwanda. They decided that we (on

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bull Fighting

    I was wondering how you all feel about bull fighting (I've also heard of cock fighting and dog fighting, but I don't know if those are popular any more?) Personally, ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Get Pregnant Quick!!

    This is very sad. I don't know who should be blamed, but that's not really the point. The point is that something has gone terribly wrong with our culture. If ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "Religion causes too many problems."

    Religion is extremely complex; thus it has both positive and negative effects. What frustrates me is when some religious people seem to think they're morally superior to atheists and agnostics ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • General Articles Re: SAA: Sexually Abused Anonymous: A Memoir

    I am deeply sorry. You are amazingly brave for putting this out there; I hope it helped you to share it. It wouldn't feel right to critique this even if ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is war ever justified or humane?

    I've thought about this alot and I'm really not sure. Humane? no. Even if war is declared for completely ethical causes, innocent people almost always suffer tragic death and destruction. ...

    Jun 20, 2008


In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter