Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Of a Fool And His Son

    Hello dahling, sorry I've neglected this. I second Hannah's comments on the first stanza. The opening line threw me off. I also thought the word "high" in L5 seemed a ...

    Jan 31, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Skinny Images in the Media

    [quote]Hmm, I've always disagreed with the argument that pictures of skinny models make teenage girls want to starve themselves. Do they think we're all so impressionable? Eating disorders don't just ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

    I chose "the actual writing." Since I write poetry and short stories, it's the subtleties of the language itself that appeal to me the most- just the satisfaction of writing ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Message to All You Fat Girls!

    And yeah, people who have eating disorders are not necessarily superficial. In my experience (with other people's EDs) it's not just about being skinny but about control, like Emma said, ...

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Message to All You Fat Girls!

    Thank you so much for making this post, Snoink. THe media in this country is sp ****ing sick it makes me want to cry. Seriously.

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are cliches a bad thing?

    Your face is a cliche, Gadi. But anyway... it's pretty near impossible to write without ANY cliches, because basically, all the good ideas have been taken. They should be avoided, ...

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: 'Kemia

    This has me on the verge of tears. But that's a personal thing... I think this shook me up too much for me to give it a very constructive critique. ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A Rapist's View of the World: Joss Whedon and Firefly

    I consider myself a feminist to an extent, and I love Firefly and Serenity. Firefly is fabulous, and this article is silly. I agree with Incandescence that this writer was ...

    Sep 11, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: "outside" shots

    Streetlight: I really like this one. Great composition and I love the texture of the bricks. Street/sky: The sky is beautiful in this one but the street's a bit boring. ...

    Sep 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Education?

    How to change education in the US? Stop testing the heck out of us. I really do not think that standardized tests mean anything. Seriously, the SAT would not measure ...

    Sep 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Time for Some Campaignin'

    Especially funny for Bob Dylan fans.

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Random, but I could use a little bit of social advice. .

    Get to know him better first. Don't just spontaneously ask him out.

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: ...Mum, I'm gay.

    Hmm... I liked the theme of this but it didn't really do a whole lot for me. I couldn't really feel your fear and anxiety and nausea and whatever else ...

    Sep 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Obama's Secret Past???

    Okie... The guy in the music video doesn't even look like Obama. And while Tina Fey does slightly resemble Palin, Tina Fey is about a trillion times cooler and would ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Shuffle That Playlist!

    7/10... Not familiar with most of them, but Tori Amos is cool and I've heard good things about Kate Bush. 1. Act of the Apostle- Belle and Sebastian 2.A Lack ...

    Aug 31, 2008


I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm