Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Edit: The Poem

    Nice! I like the idea that the poem is "wounded" and the pen is "healing" it. A few nitpicks: Kudos on the consistent rhyme scheme, but some of the words ...

    Mar 29, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: As the Sun Rises

    Yeah, basically I can only echo Claudette, Cadmium and CK Lynn; This was rather cliche and didn't really have much depth or substance. I really didn't get much out of ...

    Mar 28, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    5/10 I don't get it... I get the feeling it's some kind of anime nerd inside joke or something, lol.

    Mar 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Bartimaus triligy

    I've only read the first book, 'twas awesome... It's great to see fresh, original fantasy that doesn't rely on cliches and isn't totally predictable... *coughChristopherPaolinicough*

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Speak

    Yeah, I really enjoyed [i]Speak,[/i] too... I loved Melinda's sarcastic humor. (That was her name, right?) It may have been aimed at teen girls, but I definitely wouldn't call it ...

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    An eccentric, rebellious girl who loves to stand out and hates to conform; She thought her given name, "Annie" was too common, so gave it a unique spelling. Dresses funky, ...

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I think of a dog; A really high-strung, neurotic Greyhound. :lol: Fionna

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    Made me smile. 7/10

    Mar 25, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    An elegant 15-yr.old Chinese girl, slight and slender with delicate features and long, sleek black hair. She was adopted from China and her parents gave her both an American name ...

    Mar 25, 2007
  • Homework Help Re: Here's one you YWSers will love: Find me some poetry!

    I adore Emily Dickinson! I recently recited "Hope is the Thing With Feathers" for my Lit. class, lovely poem. I love how she can say so much in so few ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The Night

    Nice...The revised version definitely shows a lot improvement, less repetitive and it seems to have more of a point. The rhyme is very well-done, not forced at all. I also ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Selfish Man

    This is well-written... Great rhyme and rhythm,it flows very nicely, and you used interesting vocabulary. The actual story is pretty predictable, though. It's just been done so many times before, ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Winter Midnight

    'Twas slightly emo, but I really enjoyed this; Kudos on the consistent rhythm and vivid imagery. You did drown it in adjectives a bit. It might be difficult to cut ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    You didn't specify gender, but I like it as a girl's name, so... Sounds like a fantasy name. I picture a slender, willowy girl with a long dark braid and ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Soldier

    I liked the way the soldier was questioning who he was and the way you presented the reader with two conflicting ideas, portraying soldiers first as mindless killers and then ...

    Mar 22, 2007


If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb