Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Lounge, The Re: Good Fantasy Books

    Should this perhaps be in fiction discussion? I'm not all that into fantasy, but... Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce was awesome. There's a sequel, too, which I haven't read, Trickster's ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Rock Bottom

    Hmm... I feel like it's not really fair for me to critique this with the same expectations I'd have for any other poem, because English is your second language, which ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Paperweight

    I've sent this in to a magazine... still waiting to hear back. Thank you all again for the crits! ^_^

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Lady

    Ooh, she does look like a Jane Austen character! This is so lovely... Most of the flaws have been pointed out; the only other thing I noticed was that her ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: How can you explain, what others don't understand

    This really didn't do anything for me; it was quite flat and bland. Remember to show rather than tell; this had no imagery whatsoever. You also used very simple vocabulary: ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Veiled Words

    I disagree with the previous posts on the rhyming; I thought it was quite well- done. However, I'll second the comments on correcting the punctuation and rethinking your word choice. ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Paperweight

    Thanks. It's weird, in any other genre of writing punctuation isn't usually a problem for me, but I have issues with punctuating poetry. Ari, I think the parenthesis and spaces ...

    Jul 22, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Saddest Book

    (Not in any kind of order) Snow Flower and the Secret Fan To Kill a Mockingbird Of Mice and Men Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes Ellen Foster Hmm... There are ...

    Jul 22, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The River

    Wow, I really enjoyed this- darkly beautiful and completely original and unique. Slightly disturbing, but in a good way; it's powerful. Your use of italics was also very effective, I ...

    Jul 21, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Teacher

    The message here is good, but the style is too wordy, almost a little preachy. It seems a bit repetitive, too, like in some parts you're just re-hashing what you've ...

    Jul 20, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: good ol' fashioned rock and roll

    Fun! Nice job with the rhyme and rhythm. One suggestion: "All that classical's too old for me." This sounds a bit awkward to me, even though it works with the ...

    Jul 20, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Paperweight

    'Tis edited. Thanks, everyone!

    Jul 20, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Paperweight

    Lol, whoops. Je n'aime pas... accents :? . Thanks alot!

    Jul 19, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Paperweight

    I am a Paper Girl, (The flimsy, blue-lined notebook variety). My skin is scrawled with sooty black ink, And sooty black ink runs through my veins. I have a Paper ...

    Jul 18, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: "Women's town" to put men in their place

    Lol, Pushca. But this is in no way feminism... it's like, chauvinism if that's a word. I agree with Trident; at first I thought it might not be such a ...

    Jun 17, 2007


For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn