Random avatar

Fireweed

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: All the Birds

    This was really original and well-written, and says a lot about our obsessive desire to always be the best, even if it's only something as trivial as swinging. I also ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Paperscraps and such

    The last one's hilarious... Heh... cute li'l emo kid...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Kat's Art! (updated 09/25/07)

    I LOVE the second one... It has so much... energy.

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Illuminatus? Who's that?

    Oooh, suspenseful... *Cue jaws music* Welcome... love the avatar.

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Love Story In Poem

    Yeah, this is sweet, and nice job with the rhyme, But like Clau said, it's too cliché and predictable to really make me feel, and it's vital that poetry arouses ...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Does everyone else hate their own writing?

    It definitely varies... Like you said, I often find that whilst I'm writing, I get all swept up in it and excited about the piece and I think it's brilliant, ...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: The Person Below Me

    Yep! ^_^ TPBM is posting on this thread to procrastinate.

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Lunar Eclipse

    Cool about Shannon Hale and you poem... wow. Welcome, welcome! What instruments do you play besides harp? We have a music forum here... See you around!

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Livre OR Summer Reading

    Whoa... I just realized that this is an acrostic. *cough ditz cough* Hmm... Not especially memorable or powerful, but I enjoyed it; sweet and simple, and I can definitely relate. ...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: With Wood and Resin

    Slightly suggestive, yes... :wink: Lovely, though. Flows nicely, gorgeous imagery and a fresh, original theme. My only suggestion is that you put the musical words, con fuoco, piu, etc., in ...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    6/10 It's okay... I liked the one you had about Snape better, though. :lol:

    Aug 2, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: writing for the sake of using awesome words

    *Hunts for dictionary*

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    7/10 cute. ^_^

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    1/10 Sorry... too angsty for my liking.

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Speak

    Loved it, even if it was kind of predictable, like Pushca said. I love Melinda's sarcastic humor.

    Jul 27, 2007


Every time I’ve gotten feedback that was hard to take it was usually hard to take because there was truth in it and I didn’t like that (or didn’t want to receive it). That’s not to say all harsh feedback is good or that we should be harsh for harshness’ sake, but learning to absorb truth without letting it break your inner core/break you is a lifelong skill that keeps your mind elastic and open to learning.
— soundofmind