Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Randomosity Re: Stupid Jokes.

    [quote]Why can't anyone find Bach's teacher and mentor? Because he's Haydn! Why couldn't Bach go to the movies? Because he was Baroque! [/quote] Flemzo, I LOVE IT! :D Why did ...

    Dec 27, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: To Help One Fainting Robin

    Thanks, everyone! ^_^ Nate, you make a good point- this definitely needs more of a back story. I'll see what I can do.

    Dec 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    [i]The Book Thief[/i] by Markus Zusak. Depressing, but beautiful.

    Dec 19, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: bĂȘte noire

    Wow- that's totally creepy and disturbing but in a very effective way, the closing lines especially. This is a striking poem. My only critique is that while I like the ...

    Dec 18, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Alliterations

    Pretty princesses primp themselves prissily in pristine palaces to prepare for the party of prince Percy, who is prone to pontificate pompously. Next letter: V

    Dec 17, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: In which I proceed to rawr.

    Character: Kaylee! Episode: Our Mrs. Reynolds (I think that's what it's called... the first one with Saffron?) ^_^ As for that making my day... I'm just really easily amused. And ...

    Dec 16, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: In which I proceed to rawr.

    [quote]Thus I proceed to not only rawr,[/quote] :lol: That pretty much made my day. You seem cool. Your university classes actually do sound quite riveting, lol. I remember we were ...

    Dec 14, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: To Help One Fainting Robin

    Would this go in Historical Fic.? I doubt it, but feel free to move it, mods. The protest was a vast sea of anti-war signs and multicolored clothing. The air ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Misproportions and Irresolutions.

    1. ZOMG dat movie wuz teh roxxorz!!!11 Sorry. You captured the scene well. :D Is that in oil pastel? I like the sharp, defined lines. 2-5 are all very well-done, ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: [Nudity Over 13... Wulies art hm?]

    Nice! Great proportion and shading. I absolutely LOVE the photo of your friend, it's brilliant. ^_^

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do men and women love differently?

    So Meep, you think that the differences in how men and women express love are based completely on conforming to gender roles? Obviously, we [i]express[/i] love differently (introverted VS. extroverted

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: What influences your MP3/iPod lifestyle?

    10? Oy vey... No particular order... Samson- Regina Spektor A Lack of Color- Death Cab for Cutie Andy, You're a Star- The Killers Saint Simon- The Shins The Drugs Don't ...

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Hmm... Haylen sounds kind of feminine to me, though you specify male. I think of a guy of 16 or so, kind of "feminine" but not in a flamboyant, stereotypical ...

    Dec 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Evil

    Very true, kokobeans- the character's motives must be believable. What are really interesting to me are characters who's actions may be ruthless, but are committed for just motives, because then ...

    Dec 8, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Love Is Blue

    This is good- the continuous falling in love/drowning metaphor is really effective, and you have some great imagery. I second Amelia on the first line, very intriguing. [quote]with gasping breaths ...

    Dec 8, 2007


That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead