Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Media Reviews Re: Jodi Picoult

    The only one I read was [u]My Sister's Keeper[/u] I loved it... depressing, yes, but personally I found it really well-written and engaging. And I kind of fell in love ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Winter's Sigh

    Lovely, lyrical poem. ^_^ I really enjoyed it and don't have much to critique. I'll second some of the things Liz pointed out: "wordly earth" doesn't make any sense... perhaps ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    7/10 Rather emo, but kind of a cool image anyway.

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: REJOICE!

    Congrats and best of luck! ^_^ Sounds scary... 0_0

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    8/10 Cute. XD

    Feb 24, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    5/10 8/10 First one's rather generic.... but the second ones cute. Lol, makes me think of those bumper stickers thatr say "heck is for people who don't believe in gosh."

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Finally found my copy of LOTF... in the back there's and epilogue-type-thing of notes analyzing the writing. It says "the killing of the sow is accomplished in terms of sexual ...

    Feb 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Lol, yes! Once my class was discussing "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" By Robert Frost, and everyone kept claiming the woods symbolized death or suicide or sex or ...

    Feb 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Hmm... Good points, for sure. I'm probably overreacting, lol. Thanks for making me re-think my position :). though I'm still somewhat irked at the idea of the rape metaphor. SV: ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Yeah, I found it a strange conclusion to come to, too, but my teacher insisted that it was a metaphor for rape. And when I re-read the passages, it kinda ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Does anyone else who was forced to read Lord of the Flies for their lit. class find it terribly sexist? I mean, it's supposed to represent society, right? But it ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    I don't know about "most influential".... but favorites? Emily Dickinson- she's absolutely BRILLIANT. She fascinates me both as a poet and as a person. I wish I had her ability ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You [2]

    6/10 Cute, but not hilarious. Just a note: if you ever come to Alaska (or Greenland,Northern Siberia or parts of Canada,) nobody uses the word "eskimo." "Eskimo" was a term ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    So I'm not sure if this will work... but hopefully? What you do is post a description of a character's personality, and appearance if you want, and the next person ...

    Feb 16, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inexperienced with sci fi

    Lol, I meant the other one. The Elileptic Seizure Warning. *stops straying off topic* Anyway, anywore opinions on how to write good sci fi?

    Feb 15, 2008


Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala