Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Other Poetry Re: metropolis

      in love with the chilly night and neon lights and stars that sting the smoggy atmosphere like tears, with the thrum of cars and the bustle of bars and ...

    Nov 12, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: no athiests in foxholes

    they say there are no atheists in foxholes- that human nature dictates that in the throes of desperation we all find faith. no athiests in car crashes or cancer wards ...

    Nov 12, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Skill vs. Soul?

    I'm not voting for either one. They're equally necessary as one is ineffective without the other. Soul needs skill to make it articulate and skill needs soul to make it ...

    Jul 19, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: O Brave New World

    Thank you! You're definitely right that my attempt at internal rhyme in the last line didn't work. Still not really happy with the ending... I think I'll leave the word ...

    May 30, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Mirror

    Ha ha, I am also a fan of inserting irrelevant french into poetry. :) It just looks so sophisticated, you know? Anyway, you have some good imagery here but for ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: O Brave New World

    Sun-drenched days stretched into one another and they reveled in their urban Eden- gathered flowers that sprung thick from the graffitied gardens of faded walls, drank the sepia sunsets like ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: the pain of art

    Wow. That's twisted and beautiful and bizarre and poignant and utterly, utterly captivating. I think my favorite line was "the Shakespeare of pain, the Picasso of strife." My only suggestions ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Broken Birds

    Thanks so much! I'm a bit pressed for time right now but I'll be sure to go back and fix those typos later.

    Apr 9, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: How do you write poetry?

    For me, Bubblewrapped summed it up exquisitely. I'll have an image, idea, phrase, memory, etc. that just won't leave me alone. I'll let it percolate in my brain for awhile, ...

    Apr 8, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Third Concerto

    Wow, as a musician, I'm really impressed by how eloquently you captured the exhilarating tension of playing in an orchestra. Like Suzanne said, it works taken literally but can easily ...

    Apr 8, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Broken Birds

    December December took a long drag on her cigarette, then tipped her head back and blew a series of smoke rings, watching them rise and dissipate. A crow flew overhead ...

    Apr 8, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Warning: Sappy, may cause loss of apetite or vomitting

    I would cut the phrase "bleeding and dying." Tired emo imagery. Other than that, though, I thought this was, well, gorgeous. It flowed beautifully and you actually pulled off the ...

    Apr 5, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does society have the right to put someone to death?

    The death penalty seems unnecessary, risky, immoral, and hypocritical, and although it's impossible to know how I'd feel in the situation of having lost a loved one to murder, I ...

    Apr 5, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: My Favorite song quotes of all time

    "There's a smell of stale fear and it is reeking from our skins The drinking never stops because the drink absolves our sins." -The Bravery, "Believe" "We're all the same ...

    Apr 1, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Tracing Constellations

    Thanks so much, everyone!

    Mar 29, 2009


The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein