User avatar

FashionistState

  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Hmm...it's a very broad title. Perhaps a main character's job is to decide the fate of all that live. Or maybe they're a judge in a law court, if it's ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Do you remember your first story that you wrote?

    Yeah... I must have been 7 or 8 at the time. It was about 7 friends that found out they had magical powers and had to kill the eeeeviiiiil prince ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: The Uber Writer's Block Thread

    Starting the story is always the most difficult part for me. After that it's alright, but sometimes I'll just pound my head on the keyboard (not literally) because I have ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Music while you write?

    I hardly ever can concentrate when I write with music that doesn't fit. But when I make a specific playlist, it works. Old-school Industrial is good because it can be ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    "Oh, I don't know. It'd be lovely regular stuff to most of the people I know. Rather enlightening, wouldn't you agree, Shy?" - Moni "Actually, boss, I think he needs ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    O.o Okay, now I'm scared. I typed in the first paragraph of my fan-fiction and I got Stephenie Meyer. Though I'm not sure if it's just because I used 'rule ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Summer Reading List?

    Two For The Dough - Janet Evanovich (just finished) Three To Get Deadly to however far I get in the Stephanie Plum series - also by Janet Evanovich. Coming Up ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Me looky for fantasy-based albums/soundtracks. :P

    Hmm... You could try E.S. Posthumus. They create soundtrack-style music, and some give the impression of fantasy...your mileage may vary though. Their second album is a lot more 'metal'-ish.

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Rate the song above you

    7/10 Nice. The singer's voice is pretty awesome, but it gets a little 'same'-ish.

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    7/10 It's interesting but it seems more like the first sentence of a chapter or section in the middle. I’d thrown myself out of my depth, left all I’d known ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    For the majority of my writing I put in, I got Stephen King (or J.K. Rowling for older works). Now, if only I could make money like King/Rowling... :D

    Jul 18, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: The Dibble-Dabble Expert's Questionnaire

    1. If you had to admit you were an expert in one thing, what would it be? Industrial music. No, wait, avant-garde metal. Let's just say, weird, often obscure music ...

    Jul 16, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Shuffle Storylines?

    I had this idea since I saw the TV Tropes forum topic of 'Shuffle Poetry'. Basically, what you do is you put your mp3/media player on shuffle, and take the ...

    Jul 12, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: "Recommend a TV Show" Thread!

    Black Books, The IT Crowd and Father Ted are all made of pure genius. As is Blackadder! :3

    Jul 12, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: "Recommend a TV Show" Thread!

    I recommend Red Dwarf . It's one of the most successful and funny British shows that blends sci-fi drama with humour. Aside the Flanderizing problems in Series VIII, it's set ...

    Jul 2, 2010


When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann