-
Re: Making Characters mysterious?
Mysterious characters are quite hard to set up, but a way of making them mysterious (as mentioned by others) has to be the giving of the right information at the ...
Aug 9, 2007 -
Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?
Now that I come to think about it, names seem to come really easily to me. My extreme exposure to lots of things such as books, magazines, newspapers, heck even ...
Aug 6, 2007 -
Re: No Excuses; No Stopping
This advice is great. Usually the way to stop sluggishness is to kick it up the @&* adn move yourself (which I find very hard at times). I'll be having ...
Aug 6, 2007 -
Re: The "Hero" Problem
Stop thinking that it's cliched as the first step. Once you have done that try to think about your character's goals, flaws etc. and mould them into a real person. ...
Jul 29, 2007 -
Re: Urban fantasy
Yeah, I'm being very careful in my planning to stay away from Potter stuff lest I recieve the wrath of Potter fans.
Jul 29, 2007 -
Re: Urban fantasy
Following my failure to get FoB off the ground, I have decided to take a break and try writing a short piece to get me into the writing mood again. ...
Jul 29, 2007 -
Re: Ferell + me = HUGE writer's block
Beginnings Is it just me, or do you sometimes plan your story and you have what you feel is the perfect middle and end, yet when you try to write ...
Jul 27, 2007 -
Re: Ferell + me = HUGE writer's block
Wel it's been about hmm.... two..three? nay...FOUR weeks yet for all their nimbleness I can't get my fingers to write anything beyond a few unhelpful words that don't really get ...
Jul 26, 2007 -
Re: Concerning the main character/s
I don't really have preferentials in what gender my main protagonist is though they mostly tend to e male (easier to write I suppose). However, I'll usually have a female ...
Jul 25, 2007 -
Re: When writing....
I get my ideas from a hyper-active imagination and watchin glots of movies, reading lots of books etc. helps me piece things together.
Jul 24, 2007 -
Re: Kill my imagination
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: Sorry, I had to do that. After a week of continuous movie watching and computer gaming my old nemesis has returned, tardiness. I tell myself
Apr 14, 2007 -
Re: Book to Screen...?
I would love for one of my books to become a movie because it means that someone big out there thinks that people will like it. However, I wouldn't like ...
Apr 14, 2007 -
Re: Music When Writing?
It's weird but I listen to movie while I write. Don't know why, it just seems to help. Though sometimes i'll try themed music.
Apr 5, 2007 -
Re: Horrors of Lecraesa
Later in my story, one of my characters has to die for another characters to do something essential to the plot, and I'm dreading it, even though it's so far ...
Apr 1, 2007 -
Re: Paragraphs
One thing I've been noticing in my work is my inability to paragraph properly. This has risen from the fact I'm juggling three GCSE english essays and the paragraphing style ...
Apr 1, 2007
