User avatar

EtCetera

  • Poetry Discussion Re: Is Poetry Dead?

    Unfortunately poetry is less popular than it used to be. But I know I like to write poetry because it is rather ageless. In poetry, I can use the words ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    "Emo" poetry - or TTAP, thank you Sabradan - is the kind of crap that you get sick of seeing on Facebook or stupid things your peers write when their ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Inspiration?

    My usual inspirations: Sit back and watch the world. What goes on in it? Look at my life. What do I feel about these things that are happening to me? ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    I give up my soul Exhausted, worthless, ruined But it is loved still So am I entered into this fray of flying ink and crossed pens.

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Fire and Ice

    The two elements referred to are polar opposites. Fire is often literally destructive, hot, and bright. Metaphorically, it is used for chaos, power of emotion, etc. Ice is destructive too, ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Favorite poets...?

    I'll have to agree with KnightlyAngel, Robert Burns is quite awesome. As for the old dead people poetry, it's not like many people write anything exceedingly relevent these days. Half ...

    May 3, 2011


You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor