User avatar

EtCetera

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Crossroads

    Wow... The picture painted here is absolutely beautiful... I like the words you use, they are so suited for this. I do think that this should probably be a narrative ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Lightning Strikes

    Don't know about anyone else, but broken seems too tame of a word to match the destructive power of lightning. Destroyed, shattered, rent into pieces, etc. would work much better ...

    May 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Sincerely, Brain

    I really like how you embodied how the heart's reasoning and the mind's reasoning rarely line up. Usually very true. The mind is also more likely (I think) to be ...

    May 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Nightrise

    Fortissimo, I just like red font and this was the second one of mine you'd reviewed. So, no, you're not missing anything. And yes, I've been writing for quite a ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Beautiful Boy

    Very well written... I am surprised at anyone writing anything like this... Obviously it's a side of the subject that I'll never see. I thought you did a good job ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Abyss

    Better anyone?

    May 4, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Atlas

    It isn't "pretty much", it is a fanfiction poem and I must applaud you for writing it. Luckily I've read the book... One recommendation... Anaklusmos instead of Riptide? The Greek ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: To My Stalker

    I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean... You do keep a fairly lighthearted statement in the creepiness of the poem, per the final stanza. Well, written... I'll have to ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Of Fire and Shadow

    I would like to say that absoutely abhor punctuation and, for personal pretense, tend to eradicate from my poetry. Thank you for those who are nitpicky enough to think it's ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Of Fire and Shadow

    The shadows have fully fallen Into the darkest throes of night Yet you haven't fallen to sleep You still dance in the firelight I watch from the thick shadows On ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Inspiration?

    My usual inspirations: Sit back and watch the world. What goes on in it? Look at my life. What do I feel about these things that are happening to me? ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    I give up my soul Exhausted, worthless, ruined But it is loved still So am I entered into this fray of flying ink and crossed pens.

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Fire and Ice

    The two elements referred to are polar opposites. Fire is often literally destructive, hot, and bright. Metaphorically, it is used for chaos, power of emotion, etc. Ice is destructive too, ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Favorite poets...?

    I'll have to agree with KnightlyAngel, Robert Burns is quite awesome. As for the old dead people poetry, it's not like many people write anything exceedingly relevent these days. Half ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Abyss

    A gaping fissure Lies open before me Its darkness Infinite Inpenetrable I fall into the shadowed depths Wondering If I will ever hit the bottom

    May 3, 2011


coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug