User avatar

EtCetera

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Armada of the Damned

    You may want to then consider mentioning duty somehow in the poem since the meaning is kind of difficult to figure out. The grim brutality of war is well represented, ...

    May 11, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ultimatum

    If you check out several of my poems, this not having commas issue has risen more than once. I absolutely despise commas in poetry, so don't take it personally when ...

    May 10, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Writer's Block

    The writer's block that I am always plagued with is not a complete block of ideas, only a partial one. I get an idea for maybe one line of a ...

    May 10, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Writer's Block

    The writer’s block Is a persistent disease Of every writer’s mind It lurks in my mind Waiting to pounce On any poetic phrase Shattered fragments Are all I have left ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ultimatum

    Yes, the language at the end of the poem is Latin. If there's anyone who knows much about Latin, feel free to help me out. I just went online and ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ultimatum

    Be cursed, cruel world Suffer in thy despair Thine deeds have become Far too evil to repair. I damn ye to the depths Of Hell's fiery lake Where thy evil ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Happiness

    Very nice, very nice. I really actually liked some of the feeling words you used: describing what your senses are assaulted with while you're (presumably) sitting outside during a beautiful ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Armada of the Damned

    Very good idea... A few problems came up, though. First, some of your word choices don't make a lot of sense. Mostly "fulfilled" in the fourth line of the third ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Promise

    Gentle with the world is what is meant by the author, I believe. May want to consider changing that line up or maybe writing a little more to show what ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fear

    Umm... Short is often sweet, but I really do think fear is too complex of a subject to be summed up in four lines. You did do a very good ...

    May 9, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Girl with Flowers in Her Hair

    It took me a few reads for it all to make sense, so the wording/rhythm of the piece is a little off in the last stanza, I think. I really ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    Fly with the falcon And you fall to lesser heights For he flies too high

    May 6, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Poetry Duel [Watch out for pointy objects]

    The falcon flies the fastest Feathered lightning, Lord of Sky. Beware all you other birds who see his glory And wish they had it in claw. For the falcon may ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Is Poetry Dead?

    Unfortunately poetry is less popular than it used to be. But I know I like to write poetry because it is rather ageless. In poetry, I can use the words ...

    May 6, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    "Emo" poetry - or TTAP, thank you Sabradan - is the kind of crap that you get sick of seeing on Facebook or stupid things your peers write when their ...

    May 6, 2011


Gravity was a mistake.
— Till Nowak