User avatar

EtCetera

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Albatross

    Winging its lonely way Onward toward the horizon. Never a permanent denizen, But ever soaring away. The sea reaches to crush This endless albatrossian flightpath, But the bird eludes it's ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I Have Everything But Love

    This poem is well-thought, but it does need a little work. The third stanza is the one that bothered me the most, especially in it's meaning. "I am powerful, but ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: You made me do it...

    To say I liked this poem would be a lie. To say I loved this poem would not. This was a brutal poem in the sense that people can be ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Ghost

    I really think the theme of this was very good, especially since some people actually do go after this. It's a very human poem, so well done. I guess I ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Truly Greatful

    I must say that this was elegantly and [seemingly] effortlessly written. For some reason, I have the feeling that this was one of those poems that the pen mostly did ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    Soldier of shadows I run in the thick darkness Saving the lost light.

    May 16, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Running through the Beach

    I personally think the colors and everything are good, but I think it needs some work. All the boats in the background add interest, but they draw too much away ...

    May 12, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: What is it?

    It is very interesting, but the rhythm needs some work and the patterns need a little, too. The third stanza doesn't fit because of the repitition of the last two ...

    May 12, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: A Call to Arms

    You seem to have an obsession with war, my friend. Not that I can't say your good at writing poetry about it. I did love how brutal the words made ...

    May 12, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    This blade in my hand Heartless, ruthless, merciless Does what I can't do

    May 12, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Sollicitus Intus - "Anxious Within"

    I really enjoy the acrostics, especially since you reached for the Latin, which I've only done once. The language you use is very strong, so I'm impressed. Overall, I usually ...

    May 12, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Rage

    The burning anger, The raging sea. Rage leaves no room For subtle emotion Or sound reason. It destroys the wielder And uses them. It doesn't care For it can only ...

    May 11, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Simplicity

    Aspects of life Can be simple, Defined. The fight is simple, Beat your opponent Or be beaten. Joy is simple, Impossible to define Yet simple. Rage is simple, A burning, ...

    May 11, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I hate love poems

    This was really good, I must say. The theme was interesting and I absolutely loved the last two lines, even though part of me feels the second to last could ...

    May 11, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Daddy, The General

    Etonnant, you are well writ. I really like stanzas in sets of three. I tried that once and didn't like it very much. I also liked the pattern of "[insert ...

    May 11, 2011


I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor