User avatar

EliteHusky

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Just The Life Of A Writer (Revised)

    Firstly, you have a very strong ending. When writing closing the story can be the toughest part but I liked what you did involving the dialogue between the main character ...

    Jul 5, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: From Silence

    Working backwards let me start off by congratulating you on successfully, in my own interpretation at least, pulling off the "it was all a dream" move. The characters are likeable. ...

    Jul 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Monster

    The critical aspect of this piece that I enjoyed was the smoothness in transition from the beginning to the end. It was like following a very short but energy-packed story ...

    Jul 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Snowy Day

    I believe this is good. What I liked most was the lack of 'flowerly' language and in avoiding that, interpretation was easier for the reader. The conclusion does not disappoint ...

    Oct 10, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: To You, Writer's Block

    Is balance an issue of weight or the absence of… Very good. I enjoyed your interpretative poem. The Harry Potter addition was slightly humorous as it appeared to have originated ...

    Sep 26, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Review Day September 2010 Check-In

    Quality matters more to me than quantity. My aim is to do as many detailed reviews as time enables me to.

    Sep 26, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cross Your Heart (One-shot)

    “Stephanie? Steph?” it was William, her ex-boyfriend and her best friend. I liked the dialogue throughout this piece. Shortening Stephanie to Steph helped to personify William as being real and ...

    Sep 26, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: How Are We Supposed To?

    Very interesting. The poem was scattered at times, even mentioning soldiers at one point, but I felt this best captured the atmosphere of confusion which is littered in the title. ...

    Sep 11, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: David and Dante Book 2: Chapter 1

    One Week Later Anton and Lindsay sat listening to David’s music. The stereo blasted nineties pop songs throughout the entire first floor of the mansion. David stared into a mirror ...

    Sep 11, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Halo And Me

    While grammar is an issue, as pointed out. I believe it is worth stressing that the content was very interesting and did sustain my interest. Overall a re-reading this for ...

    Sep 8, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Halo And Me

    I love this. The goat is a very lovable character! The fact that it is non-fiction adds that certain charm to know that these events actually happened. The beginning was ...

    Sep 7, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: David and Dante Chapter 6: Basilisks of Bellwood

    Thank you for your comment. This chapter is almost impossible to understand without first reading the Prologue and following chapters in order. If you think of it as a novel, ...

    Aug 30, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Masquerade

    Powerful words. Example: All masks are on,at this masquerade.This ball full of secrets,and hidden shame. Additionally, I enjoyed the rhymes you provided such as, My mask hides the lies, that ...

    Aug 30, 2010
  • Lyrics Re: your blind.

    It often becomes challenging to interpret lyrics without the melody or pace of the song but the title of this piece caught my attention. What kept me reading was your ...

    Aug 30, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: David and Dante Chapter 7: Bad Blood

    Bad Blood Dante washed his face thoroughly as David used the second of the two fountains in his bathroom. “You two finished in there?” Lindsay called from outside. Anton entered ...

    Aug 30, 2010


The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening