Random avatar

Elemental

  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    I'm leaning towards Harry Potter; I, too, read a few pages and I wasn't "sucked" into the story as I wish to be. I don't find Lord of the Rings ...

    Sep 10, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: BRAINSTORMS/A sharing of pieces

    Wisteria got up from her uncomfortable sleep on the futon and walked toward the light streaming into the room, feelinga about not wanting to awaken Glacia. She quickly opened the ...

    Sep 4, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Interview with a Vampire - Ann Rice

    I haven't had the chance to read the books, but after your review I'll try harder to find them. I, too, watched Queen of the Damned and I didn't really ...

    Sep 4, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Excerpts from Evacuation Earth

    I really like it. From the beginning I could tell the distinct personalities of characters when books take a bit more time to explain the character's personalities. I wish I ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: How fast can you type?

    Test Name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors Gross Speed: 79WPM Errors: 4 words Net Speed: 75WPM Accuracy: 94% That's bad for me, usually I get higher on typing tests.

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Memories of Summer

    as her sister declines in her mental illness*

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Memories of Summer

    This book is done in first-person, through Lyric's eyes, as her sister declines in a mental illness. Summer, has always been strange, but when they move to the city to ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Eldest

    I didn't really like Eldest. I loved Eragon, but I didn't like Eldest really. Especially when Eragon went through his "transformation," I wish he had stayed human, and I found ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    Well I thought the book wasn't bad, though I abrubtly stopped reading it when he mentioned his theory about Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene. Don't get me wrong, I know ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    I read it, and it's amazing. It really does make you think and it's really exciting. I loved it, but at the end I didn't really like the in-your-face obviousness. ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Uglies

    I loved that book. It was extremely good, unpredictable and well-written. I really love how Scott Westerfeld made a realistic sci-fi book, I can really see this happening in the ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Uglies

    I loved that book. It was extremely good, unpredictable and well-written. I really love how Scott Westerfeld made a realistic sci-fi book, I can really see this happening in the ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Flowers For Algernon-- I just finished it...

    I really want to read Flowers for Algernon, I always hear that it's a wonderful book, and I really want to read it, but whenever I finally find the book ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    It was extremely disturbing, but it was kind of disturbing. Memories of Summer, it was a wonderful book, I read it two years ago, but I was really unsettled for ...

    Sep 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A Little Character Help if Possible...

    Give her an Achilles Heel (or so to speak). Maybe a memory that haunts her, but it really depends what genre you're writing. If you're writing fantasy, you can have ...

    Sep 3, 2006


Every time I’ve gotten feedback that was hard to take it was usually hard to take because there was truth in it and I didn’t like that (or didn’t want to receive it). That’s not to say all harsh feedback is good or that we should be harsh for harshness’ sake, but learning to absorb truth without letting it break your inner core/break you is a lifelong skill that keeps your mind elastic and open to learning.
— soundofmind