User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: Non-Cliched Beginnings

    That does sound fun!

    Jan 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Non-Cliched Beginnings

    I like to be ... interesting right at the beginning. I like to hook a little interest. Often I start with dialogue, sometimes full on action, once a suspenseful bit ...

    Dec 18, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Ideas for Character names!

    Names have always been a problem for me too ... lately I've just taken to picking out a name at random that suits the character, whether I like the name ...

    Dec 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: wanna give me a lil' story advice? pweeze?!*puppy dog eyes*

    There's alway ... ok, I predict half the people with object to this, the other half will agree, and the last half will shrug or go "meh" (at least in ...

    Dec 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Master Critique

    You're right! And you say it so I understand it easily!

    Oct 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Whats a good length for a chapter?

    Well, mainly the answer is anything goes, but you can get different effects with different lengths too. I've read funny books with chapter lengths all over the place. The shortest ...

    Sep 27, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue 101 (Part One)

    If you can I'd tend to used what feels right for the "saids". But some people aren't as good as doing things through feel as others, so it's not very ...

    Sep 26, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Crazy poems!

    This is helping me heaps too!

    Sep 26, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help!!! Writer's block...I want to die...

    Well, I'd wait until something really outrageously funny came to me, then write about that, because stuff I'm laughing at never seems so hard to write. Or you could take ...

    Sep 18, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: tips for journal-style?

    If you read my blog ... just remember I think it's that way because I'm a writer. I write everything like I would if I were writing a story (with ...

    Aug 20, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Love scenes

    Oh My God! I understand every single word of that and the why! Yay! Whohoo! music lesson! Let 'em go crazy! Yes. For the past couple of years, I have ...

    Aug 20, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: A LIST OF ARTICLES

    GLORIOUS ORGANISATION!!!

    Aug 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: tips for journal-style?

    Tee hee, THE BLOGS!!! We've got our own suply of journals right here, just brimming with what real people write about their real lives. Who knew they'd have such uses? ...

    Aug 8, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    If you think about it , it's impossible not to do any pre-planning. Everything is planned in your hear more or less befor eyou type it out or write it ...

    Aug 2, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    Then half-way through page three, something I didn't expect suddenly entered the story. If I had gone with my original idea, it wouldn't have been half as interesting as it ...

    Jul 31, 2005


If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates