User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    None of them sound blokey to me. Bawl - babyish Bemoan - it sounds alien to me. So if you've ever got an alien crying I'd go with this one. ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    You'd think there'd be an bloke sort of word for crying. "weep" and "tears" and all those other words sound way to girly.

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Obliterating Skimming or Skipping

    It occured to me that I've mentioned several times that I skim or skip things in books, and then stand up for my right to do so. Lots of people ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    I was going to suggest something like what someone else said, where you describe the tears. The guys I've seen cry tend to also be very very angry. Probably pretty ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Story Ideas/Character Names

    I never seem to have much trouble with plots, but naming ... *shudder* I can do it for real names. Like, for people with names in our world. One day ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: detail-dumping - rated for language

    Hello, I'm El. *everyone chorus's: Hello El!* And I have a tendancy to skip large blocks of text, especially dumpings. *cries of "it's okay" and "everyone skips thing sometimes* And ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating an Evil Character

    You see, most evil characters start off good. Some of the greatest mass murderers of history started off from humble origins and did murder in the name of the better ...

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Gender

    Yes! The blogs are the answer to all the big questions of life!

    Mar 11, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Gender

    And just talk to guys. I can't see many of the guys I know giving you deep, meaningful insites into themselves and their minds ... at least not without giving ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    You're saying what you did to it a lot. Like "I sewed" and so on. I don't know ... that gets to me. Like you're not describing what they guy's ...

    Mar 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: how do i draw the reader in...?

    Well, if you ask me you've got to tell it like you're talking to the audience while bouncing up and down doing hand signals with the excitment of it all. ...

    Mar 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: GAH! I hate this sentence!

    Yeah, I'm with Smaur on this one. What I noticed about it's annoyingness was not the adjectives but the way the sentences was put together. The conjunctions and whatnot. I'm ...

    Mar 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    Do you still want my tips then? Well, you can have them anyway. You're saying what you did to it a lot. Like "I sewed" and so on. I don't ...

    Mar 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: I'm over attached to chappies.....

    I think you'll scare more critiquers away with longer posts than with shorter ones ... but I don't really know how long chapters ought to be, because you can really ...

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Um... (peeking over shoulder)

    Well, get a huge rock or a large piece of furniture and put it behind the door instead. After all, you're not locking it, are you?

    Jan 28, 2006


Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold