User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: Procrastination

    I guess the answer is to just sit down and write. I'm hopeless with procrastination. But while you've got a choice in whether you're going to write or not, you're ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating Fantasy Worlds, Characters, and Creatures

    Yay! That's a pretty good link. There's a worldbuilding one there too. Roaming Shadow seems to have covered pretty much all I can think of. No wait, I've got one ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with Dialogue

    Yep. Listen to people and rememeber what they say and how they said it. Break grammar rules if need be. People don't talk with correct grammar (it still needs to ...

    Jul 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Fragments-Are they grammatically wrong?

    Fragments are awesome! I love fragments! So yes, they're fine. I guess they're technically incorrect, but no one bothers with rules these days. They can be really effective if used ...

    Jul 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    Always here to help!

    May 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    When I borrow, I do just what you said you did and the borrowed thing eventually becomes so obbviously glaring that I just can't continue and so I don't, feeling ...

    May 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Hidden Characters

    Well, if the hidden character did something important when they were first introduced, then when they come back the other characters probably would make a big deal of it. But ...

    May 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When do I describe looks?

    It's probably best not to dump detail all that often. And I would not make a description of one character go on for pages and pages. Have a look at ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Sweetie!

    WHat a few other people have said about personalised endearments is probably the only thing I can say. I mean, I get "Lucy pops" from reletives a fair bit (repeat ...

    Apr 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Convince Me

    It's not just hany for romantic fiction either!

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What is style?

    Lol! We're a society of word-snobs! I can't say I've ever had a problem with the word "style". But I haven't really thought about it much. I don't know. Stuff ...

    Apr 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Boring is Good

    Yeah ... I agree with the whole slow not boring thing. I can get bored in the most action packed bits, so to me it doesn't really seem right to ...

    Apr 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Your Muse

    My muse thinks I can't write! What a crazy muse it is ... I'm never going to it for help again. Except I'm going to prove it wrong, so I ...

    Apr 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need some advice, please.

    Well, personally, if a friend just insulted me I'd probably turn into a whining little puppy and follow them around asking what I'd done wrong and why they said it ...

    Apr 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Obliterating Skimming or Skipping

    Well ... I skip BORING battle scenes. I read the ones that interest me. It's just that battle scenes always seem to be filled with detail that's not really important ...

    Apr 24, 2006


You never really know how much of you takes residence in other people... We all exchange bits and pieces of ourselves with each other until we're big sparkly collages of everyone and everything we've ever loved
— GengarTheGhost