User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    My characters speak to me too!

    Dec 1, 2004
  • Writers Corner Re: A quick summary of my story

    Also, ask your self questions! That really helps things sound natural, as well as playing about with 'maybes'. Question you story, like: Why does the wizard want faye evil? Maybe ...

    Dec 1, 2004
  • Writers Corner Re: A quick summary of my story

    That's a good idea! Yes, the puzzle land sounds interesting. One word of caution, don't let the bad guys fall into the 'bad guy' stero types and be purely evil ...

    Nov 30, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Practice

    That's an interesting idea... I must try that...

    Nov 30, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    I write fantasy. When I write a story, I usually get a spark of inspiration, and I take it from there. For the story I'm working on at the moment, ...

    Nov 30, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    ... There was this one time, my main character was a slave, and she hit the slave master! Just when I was going to get her free too!!! So then ...

    Nov 29, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Help!

    I couldn't be bothered manually seperating paragraphs in my story, so it looks like one big solid mass. It makes it a little more difficult to read, but doesn't make ...

    Nov 28, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Adverbs...

    When my English teacher told me that you're meant to limit the use of adjectives and adverbs, I was pretty shocked. Particually since we had spent the last few weeks ...

    Nov 27, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    Yep. My characters have minds of their own. You wouldn't believe the sort of thing they've made me let them do...

    Nov 27, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    If I'm in a really bad mood, or upset, writing often helps me feel better, and of course there's the added bonus of the emotions being transfered rather powerfully into ...

    Nov 25, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Adverbs...

    My English teacher tells us the same thing... but I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid them. But it is true that a good verb can be alot ...

    Nov 22, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    It does indeed, ours are under the computer moniter to make it higher...

    Nov 22, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    Yeah... that is a good idea...

    Nov 22, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Practice

    I actually found an interesting one on this really good writing site. What you do is you close your eyes, and listen. Then you write down about everything you can ...

    Nov 22, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Practice

    I was wondering what people do for practice (if anything) because I'd like some practice activities, and I only have one. The thing I do, is that when you're down ...

    Nov 21, 2004


Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan