User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: To outline or not to outline?

    Well, I do sometimes and I don't sometimes. Depends. The "creative flow" (fantastically silly term, there) issue with outlines has never been a problem for me because I can just ...

    Apr 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.

    Political correctness is amusing sometimes.

    Mar 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: It has to be said

    Some teachers are seriously bad at teaching. And some do develop grudges against students. But VERY often I hear from other students that a teacher has a grudge against them ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Chosing A Title

    "Untitled" gets 35.9%. Hehe! (EDIT: well, if I did it right.)

    Mar 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: speeling & grammr

    I laughed (inwardly) so much at that quote! It's so true! Although I read it in The Wee Free Men, also by Terry Pratchett. He combines comedy and fantasy so ...

    Feb 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Scenery Descriptions

    But when you have a big chuck where it's all description, to tell you the truth, I skip those parts if I ever see them in books. Am I the ...

    Feb 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Various Ramblings About Why El Isn't Writing

    REASON FOR NON-WRITING, THEORY #1: I've basically already mentioned it, but I feel like doing some philosolophical musings on my mind and how it works because I really don't know. ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Do I need the period?

    I guess Australia goes with the British way. Yay! Those silly full-stops just annoy me.

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Catchy Title

    You just CAN'T title something "Untitled". It's already taken, about fifty million times. Whoever first used it could probably make a fortune by suing everyone. Hehe. That being said, I ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Semicolons

    I don't use them because not many people really know how to deal with them anymore. Why confuse the poor reader if you can help it? *shuffles feet* OK! I ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Mysterious Characters who DON'T wear cloaks

    Mum's always telling me to be a good conversationalist and ask questions. But talking about myself is too fun. BUt the mysterious character MUST have a cloak! ANd he (and ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    Well, it's not really a serious test. It's just poking fun at fantasy and the cliched or badly-thought-out things that go on all the time. So I wouldn't base your ...

    Feb 20, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Lilyy's scribblings

    YAY!!! Everyone loves a prologue! Your ideas sound interesting! Good luck with the new planning tactics!

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: speeling & grammr

    Well put Snoink. My wonderful Terry Pratchett quote from A hat full of sky , which is "If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and ...

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: How To Fend Off Angry Mobs Consisting of Your Own Characters

    Good on you Sam! You stick it to that man! Stupid man, thinks he's so good ...

    Feb 16, 2007


more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady