User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: Research

    And yes, I live in South Australia. What part of SA do you live in? Eyre Peninsula ... ... I'm randoming up the thread, aren't I?

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter names?

    Chapter titles/names/who-cares-they-mean-the-same just spring into my head whenever I need them. It's handy, and it's fun.

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: What do people do besides writing?

    I love art, I paint and draw ... which also helps out my writing, because you can draw scenes and objects or characters. I also play music ( I learn ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Research

    I tend to use the internet more than the library (like uniaeca, the libraries where I live suck) and if that fails (and it does ... on a completely unrelated ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue 101 (Part One)

    In the first case, you would omit the I said/she said after you figure out who the characters are. And instead of using the word "roared" you can easily describe ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue Grammar

    Ah! Nice to read that! I've been trying to work out all the rules from books I read. Whenever I get taught it in school, I don't get it completely. ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    *winks* You can always tell a newbie by this: Éloeré It's El to everyone. Friend and foe alike. Not even I would wish copying and pasting Éloeré all the time ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter names?

    I like both reading and writing chapter names. Books seem kind of ... empty, to me, without them. It's like the chapters arn't there at all. I love writing them ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting the story

    *grins* cliche introducing the main characters first? That's one I haven't heard before... Lead in with a bang. Either start out in the middle of an action scene, or describe ...

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Stuck on Descriptions

    Ghni. (don't ask, it's just something I say when I'm pleased with myself)

    Jun 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Ummm....kinda stuck on outlining.

    Yeah, I'm like Crysi, if I don't know what's going to happen I add bits as the ideas come (and boy do they come ...) and eventually I have no ...

    Jun 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Geography and Your World

    Oh, I've read some discworld books. I really like them. I was kind of thinking square shaped for mine, and not on four elephants which in turn stand on a ...

    Jun 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    Oh, one thing though, when you say make them ugly: Yes I agree with that, but don't make them worry about it all the time, like have them look in ...

    Jun 8, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Geography and Your World

    I don't know where this fits really, here will do because it's writing related. I've had some pretty obssessive geography teachers for the past few years, and learnt a bit ...

    Jun 8, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Me? I use the phone book. I decide what letter it should begin with by the first name, and then I go search through that section of the phone book ...

    Jun 8, 2005


"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken