User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: Question about fantasy cliches.

    Elves and Dwarves ... the ultimate question of fantasy. Yes or no? Well, i'm going to be annoying and say that you can use them, but I'd recommend thinking up ...

    Nov 28, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    I vary. It usually depends on the story. Some will feel better being written on paper, whereas some just feel right if I type them. Same! Some things are just ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Get over that block

    Yeah. That sort of thing can work really well. I've found that if you've got restrictions or some starting place that's just NOT what you'd usually do, you can actually ...

    Nov 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Revision

    It’s a good thing that the Writer doesn’t design houses—because he would move the kitchen around seventeen times, rip out all the bathrooms, add six more stories, and set fire ...

    Nov 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Simile Generator

    Hehe! THis is fun! Terror is like a bar of soap. Loathing is like earwax. Wisdom is like a chocolate-chip cookie Pain is like high heels. Hell is like a ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Stupidity Test

    I'm like Snoink, I honestly love a story that's a tad ridiculous. Because things just are anyway, in my opinion, and a story never seems to capture the whole of ...

    Oct 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't outline!

    There isn't much I can add to what has already been said. Basically you can outline however you like, just so long as it makes sense to you. But if ...

    Sep 9, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How long should a chapter be?

    Well ... I don't really do chapters anymore. Once when I was writing for NaNo I just could find good places for chapter divides ... so I just didn't bother. ...

    Sep 5, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Diaries/Journals/Notebooks

    I'm addicted to writing things down. I have a blog, which if I could carry in my head as a sort of mental life-narration thing, I would. It's helped me ...

    Aug 13, 2007
  • Research Re: A question for anyone who doesn't live in the US

    [quote]Do other countries besides the US celebrate the Fourth of July?[quote] Do you celebrate Australia Day? Hehe. No, we don't celebrate the 4th of July here. I only found out ...

    Aug 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    Make him a villain, but with opposing objectives to the other villains! Seeing as you said your villains were fun.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Multiple POV

    Well if you're talking third person have the character you're switching too do some action. Just being bored or something is fine. It just says who you're focusing on in ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: First Person Fantasy

    Go for it! I quite like First Person. I've written fantasy in it, although it was light, funny fantasy. But still. Anyway. You need to do different things in fantasy. ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    I just sort of ... write in what comes out. You know? Generally I can think up some reason why the tense that just happened would work very well, but ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Including (Extensive) Background

    Well, you could just not talk about it. Just getting characters to mention the stuff that would actually affect the current story. Bare minimum stuff. But if the history is ...

    Apr 3, 2007


See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451