-
Re: You know you're a writer when...
You know you're a writer when you get writer's block and respond by writing about your muse until he cracks and gives you a proper idea.
Jan 28, 2009 -
Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?
Haha ... I have no idea. Lots of places. It kind of formed from lots of little things I've written down over the past year. I think some came from ...
Jan 28, 2009 -
Re: Single Entries vs. Long Entries
Well ... I voted short because, when push comes to shove, that's easiest for me as a reviewer. I tend to be very inactive, so even when I vow to ...
Jan 23, 2009 -
Re: A poll
I vote Emily ... I loved Wuthering Heights. All that drama and hate! Good fun. However I did really like Jane Eyre too ... so it was close.
Jan 13, 2009 -
Re: What is the Best Book you have read...
Um ... my brother is sitting here with me and for some reason has the desire to tell you his favourite books. I think he's bored. Anyway ... MY BROTHER: ...
Jan 12, 2009 -
Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read
Ok, I was just browsing this thread and my brother wandered in. He read a few posts and got into the spirit of things. I think he has somethings he ...
Jan 12, 2009 -
Re: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
I had never heard of it until my mum randomly found it on a shelf in a B&B we stayed at in africa. But I read it, and I quite ...
Feb 16, 2008 -
Re: Department of Procrastination Prevention
Well ... I think quite a lot of my procrastination takes place when I try and cure my procrastination. Like, I would say "I'll have some hot chocolate because that ...
Feb 16, 2008 -
Re: Department of Procrastination Prevention
The thing about procrastination is that as soon as you find things to do to prevent it you are, technically, procrastinating. Unless your prevention tactic is to just get on ...
Feb 14, 2008 -
Re: Name Game #2
Well ... I don't know if I'd really worry about not having a title a third of the way through. I'd be more concerned with the actual writing. But, that ...
Nov 22, 2007 -
Re: Name Game #1
Seeing as it would be weird if you couldn't give a chracter a name someone else had, I'd say you probably can. But you may want to ok it with ...
Nov 21, 2007 -
Re: Making Fantasy "Original"
You can use good vs. evil, you don't have to. Fantasy is really easy to get all cliched. There are a few ways in which you can deal with this ...
Nov 14, 2007 -
Re: Who do you talk to your writing about
I'm one of those shy people who try to be inoffensive and tend to go red or look at the floor and shuffle their feet when more than three people ...
Nov 7, 2007 -
Re: Which authors/books do you hate?
The Iliad- I don't quite understand why we have to read this. The Odyssey is pretty good, actually, and I enjoy reading it, but the Iliad is basically a laundry ...
Nov 6, 2007 -
Re: Said, said, said, said
Wow, some people have a problem with said. Interesting. I don't. Said is nice and largely invisible. I mean there's no real harm in an occaissional "shouted". But generally I ...
Nov 6, 2007
