-
Re: Tamora Pirece
I hated hated hated Jonathan with a burning passion. Me too! He is so annoying. Whenever he comes into any of the books I want to stab him with something ...
Jun 29, 2007 -
Re: Torturing your character
I based a whole NaNo on the torturing of a character. Basically as soon as I couldn't think of what would happen next, I'd think "so what's the worst thing ...
Jun 29, 2007 -
Re: Tamora Pirece
I liked the Tortall books better, but the circle of magic ones where kind of cool. I didn't much like the circle opens ones though. Except Briar's. Mass destruction with ...
Jun 12, 2007 -
Re: Kiss My Tears Goodnight (nee double dad) Poll
It's a toss up between her mum's deserted house and Kitty's, for me. I haven't read your stories, but both would work, probably. Just think of the place the most ...
Jun 12, 2007 -
Re: Snoink's having a baby!
Girl! Because in the last book I read where a character had a baby it was a boy.
May 23, 2007 -
Re: Your opinion of Paolini....
And the reason we dislike him so, Elelel, is because his books lack any originality whatsoever, in both plot and world concepts, so much so that they come dangerously close ...
May 20, 2007 -
Re: Your opinion of Paolini....
Uh ... why are we all attacking the poor guy? He wrote some books, they weren't the most amazing books ever, but they were quite popular ... why is it ...
May 19, 2007 -
Re: The Roundtable of Dead Heroes
Hehe! It always happens to me! The best ones either die, or they just don't get the ending they deserve. Main characters are never my favourites, does any one else ...
Apr 30, 2007 -
Re: Multiple POV
Well if you're talking third person have the character you're switching too do some action. Just being bored or something is fine. It just says who you're focusing on in ...
Apr 28, 2007 -
Re: First Person Fantasy
Go for it! I quite like First Person. I've written fantasy in it, although it was light, funny fantasy. But still. Anyway. You need to do different things in fantasy. ...
Apr 11, 2007 -
Re: What makes a great book?
1) the main character/two mainest characters must be passably awesome people, or (I suppose) totally awesome people. But for main main main characters it's almost better to have their awesomeness ...
Apr 10, 2007 -
Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?
I just sort of ... write in what comes out. You know? Generally I can think up some reason why the tense that just happened would work very well, but ...
Apr 10, 2007 -
Re: Including (Extensive) Background
Well, you could just not talk about it. Just getting characters to mention the stuff that would actually affect the current story. Bare minimum stuff. But if the history is ...
Apr 3, 2007 -
Re: To outline or not to outline?
Well, I do sometimes and I don't sometimes. Depends. The "creative flow" (fantastically silly term, there) issue with outlines has never been a problem for me because I can just ...
Apr 3, 2007 -
Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.
Political correctness is amusing sometimes.
Mar 28, 2007
