User avatar

Elelel

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing Habits

    I don't like writing in an exposed place. That's probably just paranoia though. So, I don't like using the office computer because it just feels open and people walk in ...

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do TV and Movies Inspire your Writing?

    Yep. I love TV shows and movies. They're stories too, after all. Sometimes they just make me want to write. Like, that was such a great story I just HAVE ...

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: For Non-UK Members

    She was pretty big in Australia, I think. I was 7 when she died. I can't say I knew a lot about famous people when I was 7. In fact, ...

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Shamanka Wytch Book One

    Hello! I'm glad you've posted more of this story. It's interesting! Ok. You've still got awkward patches. Like: [Quote deleted at original author's request] You've got too many "with"s, and ...

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Research Re: A question for anyone who doesn't live in the US

    [quote]Do other countries besides the US celebrate the Fourth of July?[quote] Do you celebrate Australia Day? Hehe. No, we don't celebrate the 4th of July here. I only found out ...

    Aug 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    Make him a villain, but with opposing objectives to the other villains! Seeing as you said your villains were fun.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Lyllan #1

    Hey! 'Tis I! I found some time! Homework is just the worst, isn't it? But anyway, on to business. The early-day sun shone weakly down into the streets of the ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Planning of a novel.

    Start writing! Some pretty cool stuff can just pop into existence when you're writing, and anyway, if you start you easily find the ideas you need to work on more. ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    Loved it! Loved it! *dances around* It is officially my favourite HP book! I can't BELEIVE we're on the four page of discussion and no one has said anything about ...

    Jul 23, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Shamanka Wytch Book One

    Intersting start! You're getting me quite involved in your story, which is always a good thing. [Quote deleted at original author's request] Ok, let's have a look at this paragraph. ...

    Jul 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    YAY!!! I love the books. When my friend first told me to read them, I didn't want to because he used the words "You'lll love them" which always make me ...

    Jul 18, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: Which printing format do you prefer?

    I'm happy with paperback or hardback. I voted hardback though because they give off an air of specialness. I've never read an E-book, but they don't sound fun. Very un-bookish. ...

    Jul 18, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Lyllan: Prologue

    Short, sharp and shiny. Me likes! You're pretty good at getting the description to seem all natural and part of the story. Maybe in the future try and work in ...

    Jul 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Torturing your character

    I think it's a bit funner to torture a character who will fight back and try to overcome the situation than one who's just going to sit down and have ...

    Jul 17, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: The Great YWS Outage

    YAY!!! YWS is back! I was just starting to imagine a world where yws died and it was not a pretty world. Nate, you saved my life!

    Jul 6, 2007


You'd be astonished at the intimate stories, hidden struggles, and heartfelt dreams that people are willing to reveal if only they find someone who'll truly listen.
— Arcticus