User avatar

Elelel

  • Writing Tips Re: Obliterating Skimming or Skipping

    It occured to me that I've mentioned several times that I skim or skip things in books, and then stand up for my right to do so. Lots of people ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    I was going to suggest something like what someone else said, where you describe the tears. The guys I've seen cry tend to also be very very angry. Probably pretty ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Some Minor Changes, or 120 SmIlIES!!??

    :smt119 :smt103 Wow! New smilies! :smt048 They are violent! :smt075 :smt062 :smt065 :smt063 :smt079 :smt073 :smt021 They are musical! :smt034 :smt035 :smt020 They are like us! :smt024 :pig: :monkey: :

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: what do you want in a critique?

    Well, the most usless thing is non-specific praise, because all you can do with it is think "Uh ... great ... that was ... helpful". Even non-specific hate is better ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    Well, my screeen name was a big mistake in my opinion. I was called Firebird on some other site, which I liked a lot more, but people thought I was ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Story Ideas/Character Names

    I never seem to have much trouble with plots, but naming ... *shudder* I can do it for real names. Like, for people with names in our world. One day ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: detail-dumping - rated for language

    Hello, I'm El. *everyone chorus's: Hello El!* And I have a tendancy to skip large blocks of text, especially dumpings. *cries of "it's okay" and "everyone skips thing sometimes* And ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Drytear E-mails

    I got a pm, which I ignored.

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating an Evil Character

    You see, most evil characters start off good. Some of the greatest mass murderers of history started off from humble origins and did murder in the name of the better ...

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Proud to be English.

    ... except at the things other countries are better at, of course.

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Define:

    Creating something that didn't exist before. That's how my art teacher once deffined it at the beginning of year nine, and it's kind of stuck with me.

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS infringes on your RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH!

    The thing is ... YWS is pretty diverse. It's not like everyone here's from the same country. So you can't really take a law from one country and use it ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Fantasy Writers, unite!

    *cracks up laughing* There are a couple I would need to query, eg Did you make the elves and the dwarves great friends, just to be different? How does not ...

    Apr 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Story plot--help and whatnot

    Welcome! I hope you enjoyed your first post! Well, the brainstorming thing seems to be another term for plotting. This is a tricky one to advise on, because it's not ...

    Apr 2, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm rereading all the Terry Pratchet books about the witches. So far I'm up to Lords and Ladies .

    Apr 2, 2006


FRIED FISH ON A FALAFEL
— hop (TheHoplessRomantic)