-
Re: Give me your American slang!
I'm not American, not even close- so I need a bit of helping because I'm writing a story about two American teenagers trying to survive in a strange country. I'm ...
Apr 6, 2010 -
Re: Do your characters know that they're not real real?
My characters, to me are real. End of.
May 14, 2009 -
Re: Internal monologue overload
If you want to show your character having conflicting thoughts- maybe have them lie to people? Like, have a dialogue with a person, but then an internal monologue with totally ...
Apr 8, 2009 -
Re: Cant Seem to Find Inspiration Anymore
For me, inspiration comes when I listen to good music, watch a good film, or just suddenly get an idea that I think needs to be poked and prodded more. ...
Apr 8, 2009 -
Re: Harassment: Good or Bad?
My sister hates me writing. It helps me perfectly.
Mar 15, 2009 -
Re: Stuck on making realistic Charecters
Oh, and if all else fails- base your characters on people you know. I tend to use people around me as inspiration, and then let my imagination do the rest. ...
Sep 24, 2008 -
Re: Starting with the end?
J.K Rowling did it- I can't really see why not.
Aug 24, 2008 -
Re: Odd way of writing
I always write the end before I begin. If it worked for J.K Rowling, it works for me. Then I go through things like character outlines, theme, what the places ...
Aug 17, 2008 -
Re: Lead Character Could Use Some More Meat
I think you could gain depth by basing some aspects of his character on a real life, flesh-and-blood person that you either know very well- his laugh might be like ...
Jul 15, 2008 -
Re: Novel Plot Feedback
This sounds great. Really. You seem to have it all worked out, now just do it, don't sicken yourself with the novel or you'll end up hating it. Write it, ...
Jul 9, 2008 -
Re: I don't know if I can go on
Thunder dude, I'm with you all the way. However I will make one statement that can be interpretated any way you want. The reason that you hate your work so ...
Jun 12, 2008 -
Re: School Writing Club
I would, to begin with ask every person in the group to write a short descriptive piece- on anything. Then everyone could compare and get to know each individual's writing ...
Jun 9, 2008 -
Re: Looking for a good book?
A friend of my sister's wrote this an it's truly amazing. 'The Pack' by Tom Pow Let's hear it for the little people!
Jun 8, 2008 -
Re: I'm taking a big risk
Guys, I really can't thank you all enough for this. I went into a kind a frenzy eureka moment last night- I didn't exactly jump out of the bath and ...
Jun 1, 2008 -
Re: I'm taking a big risk
Ok, so I've finally had what I think is called the moment of epiphany. Otherwise known as everything I've learnt about writing so far and everything I am has come ...
May 31, 2008
