User avatar

Eimear

  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer if you've typed one of these at an exceptionally fast speed.

    May 15, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    The very first word kind of draws me in. The name is original, at least, to me, and makes me think of faraway adventure stories. The hair falling out in ...

    May 14, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    No Time To Say Goodbye was a so-so thriller, but put it this way, I could have read the thing and worked out the plot even if I was sitting ...

    Mar 19, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Great American Novels

    Brilliant. All the suggestions are great. Better get reading then- or at least, going to the library! xxxx

    Mar 14, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Great American Novels

    I'm writing a novel at the moment which is from the point of view of an American, and I want to stay true to the literary background and style of ...

    Mar 14, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: 'Death of a Salesman'

    I'm reading Death of a Salesman for English A2. We've only got to a couple of pages, but I think it's good. I'll post a review when we're done with ...

    Mar 14, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    I started writing when I was sixteen.

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How Much Planning

    I'll try and keep my advice simple, or at least, tell you what suits me. In my first novel- I didn't plan at all. I didn't even have an idea ...

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    My first book I ever wrote. It was horrendous, really, very bad. However I hear the writer is very good looking so that makes up for it. XD

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Has anybody an all time favourite poem?

    Ahh... 'My Last Duchess' I remember our old English teacher trying to get us to like it, but we didn't. It's funny, though.

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Has anybody an all time favourite poem?

    I tried this before in the Lounge, and I didn't get 'checks' any replies, so is it alright if I open one here? I thought it would be cool to ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: hehe, Character Q and A

    Q: What's your full name and what is it's meaning? Che Bradley Fitzgerald. My Mother was big into her cuban rebels and my Dad's first name was Brad. Q: Where ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: What's to be done when the angst is gone?

    My happiest poems are characterised by an incessant need for rhyming. Most of the time I write about a struggle towards a goal- a need to keep on trying to ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do people think your strories are cliche?

    People don't tell me my stories are cliched, they just say that they can't understand what's going on in them. I think I show too much and alienate the reader ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Lymerics(sp?)

    This is all very mathematical for me. Hmm, I would suggest just taking your time with poetry and reading a lot of it. In my own experience, most of my ...

    Jun 7, 2008


To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics