User avatar

Eimear

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Truly Alive

    When the sheets of clear blue water break relentlessly over and under me so that I am immersed; out of my depth. With my heart pounding in me like when ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Antithetic Love

    I agree, 'pissed' is pretty funny. But also very real, and raw- like what true love in the real world is like. There's not hearts and roses, there's frustration, long ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: I've not much to say.

    Hullo John and welcome to YWS! I'm glad to hear you're very excited to join us. We're excited to have another budding writer in our midst. When I joined I ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: That Summer ( edited )

    Hey, and welcome to YWS! It's a great place for us writers to come and post work, critque or just relax. I hope you settle in well. So it thought ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Im having some trouble finishing my book =/

    I often see writing a book in terms of suffering from a fever; you have to sweat it out. When I get disheartened or feel like I'm banging my head ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Nightmare

    Okies, I'm going to be honest because that's what I would expect from another writer and that's what you deserve. You have talent. And, it seems a kind of creative ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Life

    Haha. I admire your nerve in not doing stuff until the last minute. It reminds me fondly of myself. A real trait in a true writer. All that said...sometimes poetry ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Dear Abandonment,

    The overall concept of writing or leaving a letter to an ex through poetry sounds pretty cool. I'm sure they'd be sorry when they see how good you are. Hehe. ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Choice

    I'm going to skim over the structural content and issue with commas in this work. In any case, the others before me have pointed it out and I'm taking into ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In war, victory is a vision

    I want to go out on my neck and review the poem in terms of how I understood and related to it. I think it's comparing the fact that ones ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Exam Blues

    Exam Blues The sun outside is blazing yellow, but my inside walls are grey. Footsteps and temples pounding, clocks ticking time away. This isn’t how I imagined life, scrambling for ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Eimear's projects

    I think it's time for another update. Wow, where is all it coming from? Since my birthday and the start of spring/summer I've had a creative burst that seems to ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Clinging to the ticking hands

    Is there a way argue with time, And negotiate your mistake, Of forcing it on its way? Like to hold a growing child in your arms, Wishing to never let ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Life

    I think it would be better to name this poem 'Irony' because that's the overriding theme I got from it. I wrote a review for this before but my connection ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Pain

    You wrote a whole poem without realizing it? I wish I was the same, it's so darn hard for me to get the words down and look half decent. Firstly, ...

    May 8, 2008


Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary