User avatar

Eimear

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Stare At The Road.

    Is there room for me on the spacing bandwagon? I love the structure! It's amazing, and made me want to read on, and on, and on. Perfect for poetry in ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Dawn and Dusk

    Hey. This is a subtly brilliant piece. I really did love what I read. If I'm right in saying it's about light slowly gathering and draining during the day, every ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: A Wacky Riddle Poem

    Grr! What it is? Hehe, I too quite liked this, once you get over the punctuation problems ect. It's a first draft, I know- but a good, and esstential habit ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: If a man's born to soar

    Thanks for the great reviews, guys!

    May 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Heya Jasmine, Ireland calling! Oh wait, that's a Eurovision song contest saying, maybe that's a little confusing...anyways, hello! And welcome to YWS! You play hockey? I've only ever seen it ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: mother!

    The idea of this poem was good, but you really do need to polish up your work before posting it, as it took away from it and made me not ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This is a Suicide Poem

    I often think, that through negative suggestion that people try so hard not to make their work cliched or well-worn that the end result is just that. In this poem, ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The only poem you will ever get out of me ever.

    Hmmm...yes indeed, I liked it. Hold on, lets just go all out here- count me as one of the reviewers who adored it. You might find it helpful to print ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Memories Before

    Hey Jesse. Enjoying YWS? So this poem didn't really wow me. In my head, I knew the concept and word choice was alright, but I failed in my heart to ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Them

    I don't know if you've heard this before, but your writing is strangely addictive. It demanded to be read. That is a VERY good thing. So I loved this. The ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Deadlines

    I tend to believe that writing deadlines are a very good concept for the disciplined writer's progress and eventual success. I'm just afraid to say that just isn't me . ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm New.

    Hey, I think everyone's pretty covered the basics so I'll just drop in to say Weclome to YWS! God believe or not I never get sick of saying that. It ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Dramatically Bored

    Tut, tut, tut. Writing poems when you should be paying attention in class. I suppose people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones though, I'm suppose to be studying! So good ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Writers Block

    I agree with changing the title. Show, don't tell. I'll try and think if an alternative if you'd like. Otherwise, I enjoyed this. It spoke to me. Maybe this is ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello People!!!!!!!!!!

    Kudos for the unique name. And welcome to YWS! I do hope you don't find me freaky or wierd hehe. Anyways, as the others have suggested, feel free to PM ...

    May 11, 2008


You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling