User avatar

Eimear

  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Audition

    I agree with Mad I'm afraid about the line breaks. It was far too much scrolling for me as I'm quite an impatient person. But this impatience was borne from ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My wonderful urges...

    This is a bit on the saucy side, yes? XD Anyway- few things, this really seems a bit more like prose than poetry- but maybe that's because you tell a ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Writing's No Good

    Heya Ringo- man, you seem to churn out these poems like they're going out of fashion :D I love it. So, onto this? Well I really did like it very ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Thank You

    Indeed, I'll second Mad's cry for punctuation. It's really a necessity in poetry- with out it this unravels as a sigh rather than something that makes my ears perk up ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Top 15 Reviewers of June Thus Far

    Man, I'm not a very competitive person, this doesn't bode well....

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: We; An Ode to Writers

    Hmmm, good concept and idea. A real dash of spirit for your and our passion here. Nice! Although- it seems more like the beginnings of a piece here. There are ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Strangers' Meeting

    A lot of people have already kicked you on what could be developed- e.g. It's a bit like prose, it could be developed structurally, show us more. Instead I'm going ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Poem For Hot Days

    Wow, this is definitely very raw indeed. I understand that though because you said yourself that it's a first draft. So my overall impressions are as follows. Firstly this struck ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: New Love, Lyrical Love

    Hmm, indeed. I couldn't really get into this. To be honest the not so subtle song references made me first go 'huh?' and then cringe. Try and use your own ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: love is love

    I do agree with Suzanne completely. The thing is, these lines are really the bare bones of a poem. Now is where the fun part begins. Flesh them out. You ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Save me

    I agree with everything that Mad's said. The poem lacks punch. Hmm, let me try and explain. Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote a poem very similar to this except it was ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: I am not my Country.

    I'm I right in thinking that this was borne from an in depth conversation you had? *winks. I agree with all of elephantwalrus' points, this poem is very thought provoking. ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A vivid reflection-second draft up

    **This is based on a true event- but please, do rip it to shreds! It needs a lot of work. The sharp end branches shook amber leaves away that year; ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: My Thoughts Would Throw a Ceilidh

    I think this earns a.... Bravo! Seriously, very well done indeed. It captivated me, at any rate. Perhaps because I am a champion of loving a good, strong rhyme scheme. ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Life

    Oh my lord. That's a lot of song titles in a poem. I'm sorry but they distracted me completely from the message, and I had to go back and re-read ...

    Jun 9, 2008


All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe