User avatar

Eimear

  • Lyrics Re: Mommy

    This is very honest and you really laid the speaker's feeling bear. By doing this the somewhat raw language becomes something quite beautiful. Can I see this as a song? ...

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A Place Called Freedom

    In the darkest light of day tonight, I’m going away. Where my soul already plays along a silver sea that sways. Underneath a golden kingdom, I’m going to a place ...

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: What The Hand's Have To Say

    Hello! I don't have much time to write this- but I really wanted to leave a comment to let you know I read it and enjoyed it. And it's always ...

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: how big is your book collection?

    I have more paperbacks than hardbacks. A lot more. When I'm rich and famous all of them will be hardbacks.

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Depression

    As a psychology AS level student, I've been taught that there are three explanations for a mental disorder such as depression. Biological- Genes make people 'pre-disposed' to get the illness. ...

    Aug 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fortuitous Graves

    Ooo...Latin? Methinks? -That is an actual word. I read it in 'The Tempest' by Shakespeare. Hehe. How's life? Well this is very intriguing indeed. I can tell that a lot ...

    Aug 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Cliché love

    Hello. I've been dreadfully tied up with work at the moment, but I promised myself to get some reviews done today in all the madness. So here I am! And ...

    Aug 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Finding a Path

    Hello! Indeed, *nods head approvingly* this is very good. It ticked a heck off alot of boxes that I look for in poetry. It was very frank and honest, not ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Once

    Change moves within us It travels across souls like clouds whispering over an old sky. Lies begin to turn the truth until you can’t look anyone in the eye. Why ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: My life in one hand

    Tonight my life takes it’s last sigh over the clear skies, where the clouds are high. Where birds soar over the golden glen, I let the breeze cool my face, ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A cul de sac

    Hello D, of course I'll critique your poem. I actually thought I'd reviewed it before, but I must have read it late one night before going to bed. So here ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I need you

    Hello! I see that you're relatively new, so welcome to YWS! Just while you're reading this I'd like to invite you to go take a look at the Rules and ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Lead Character Could Use Some More Meat

    I think you could gain depth by basing some aspects of his character on a real life, flesh-and-blood person that you either know very well- his laugh might be like ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In the Silent Valley

    N.B. In 1896 the Irish musician Percy French wrote a poem called the Mountains of Morne about the tallest Mountains in Northern Ireland in the seaside town of Newcastle where ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: To Strive.

    Hello! To begin with you tell far too much. That's a big mistake to start with in the first stanza, because it puts people off immediately. It's a shame because ...

    Jul 14, 2008


By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
— Winston Churchill