User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • Writing Tips Re: Having trouble!

    Free writes. If you haven't tried them yet, do so. Just sit down for five minutes and write anything and everything that comes into your head. Don't let yourself slow ...

    Jan 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Using Music

    I never even thought about the effects of listening to music while I edit... I'm jus thte kind of erson tha tlistens to music 24/7 so it's almost like background ...

    Jan 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Persuasive Writing with Inigo Montoya

    That is really cool! I never would have thought to draw that parallel... although I doubt I'm gonna forget this any time soon. Thanks!

    Jan 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: No, you DON'T suck. Honest.

    Anyone that has read the most recent Harry Potter book will be familiar with the concept of Horcruxes - the separation of the soul into multiple parts. It struck me ...

    Jan 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: writing expirement for those who never end

    heh heh... *glances behind her at her closet, which USED to hold clothes, but has now been taken over by stack upon stack of papers and notebooks and discs* I ...

    Jan 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: writing expirement for those who never end

    erg... I have this problem alot too... but usually, when I get past the middle of the story, I can go on a finish it. But this time around, I ...

    Jan 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The mirror - A writer's friend?

    *laughs* I do this kind of thing... I try to have a mirror somewhere in the room when I'm writing, or, if it's dark outside and I try to be ...

    Jan 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel help

    If you're trying to "drag things out"... stop. The more you feel like you're dragging something out, the more it feels like it's being dragged out to the reader. Novels ...

    Dec 27, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Speed Writing

    I've used this. In fact, I used it just today. It's alot of fun (for me at least) and it really does help you figure things out and brainstorm and ...

    Dec 27, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I don't know if this is the right place to post but nywzz

    What Firestarter said. For instance: Look up any of Weird Al Yankovich's songs. All of those are parodies.

    Dec 20, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapters and Parts

    I generally go for medium length chapters. Basically, you should be able to read each chapter at one sitting. And as for the parts... There were some books that I ...

    Dec 20, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Atmosphere

    Right o folks, i have a problem. I need atmosphere. I'm in the mist of a short story that will rely heavily on the atmosphere i create. So, my problem? ...

    Nov 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Ideas for Character names!

    When, I'm looking for a name I usually try one of two things: 1) take a regular name and spell it backward. examples: Ilene --> Eneli or Adam --> Mada ...

    Nov 27, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: wanna give me a lil' story advice? pweeze?!*puppy dog eyes*

    I have that problem sometimes. When I do, I often go back and start looking at how I can make the writing more of a challenge for myself, either in ...

    Nov 25, 2005
  • Research Re: Nicole Kidman

    *laughs* you're welcome Arvy.

    Nov 19, 2005


Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus