User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • Writing Tips Re: detail-dumping - rated for language

    dumping = bad repeated sentence structure = bad repeated words in too short a time period = bad there are lots of mistakes, but have to say that dumping is ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: writing expirement for those who never end

    I've never had trouble with beginnings... it's usually just fairly obvious to me where I'm supposed to start and what I'm supposed to say. It's keeping it going that I ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you?

    It really depends on how imperitive it is that your character sleeps. If you just need a way to get to the next morning, then go ahead and skip the ...

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Geography and Your World

    I... don't do maps. I don't find them very helpful. Mostly, I just figure out where the different kingdoms in my story are and how they relate to eachother and ...

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating an Evil Character

    Except for the part about Sauron being poorly done, I agree with this. It's a great guide. I hate how people seem to take forever and a year to create ...

    Apr 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How much dialouge is too much?

    We're here to help. I'd only include the relevent dialogue. If there is something serious being discussed, but then the topic changes to something less serious for the rest of ...

    Mar 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    Sounds excellent to me.

    Mar 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    As far as description goes, yes, I got a good picture of what you were talking about. However, I second bubblewrapped in saying that I don't like it all chunked ...

    Mar 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Periods, semicolons, and dashes

    Okay... I shall remember that to impress.... *tries to remember* Are those dot-dot-dots used correctly after that "Okay"?

    Feb 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Fun plotting

    You may nearly finish the book and then you will have to start from scratch because of an unagreeing idea or something. :shock: I think I may have a mental ...

    Feb 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Poor Spelling Sucks

    But imagine you're going to an interview to get a job that you really really want. Something that gives you a $100 per hour. Would you dress up in rags ...

    Feb 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: On vs. Onto

    Yeah, given the two examples that you gave there, that makes a lot of sense, Shadow... *goes off to see if it works for all examples, or whether it's just ...

    Feb 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How To Make A Great Character!!

    These things are really helpful, but if you then take this and just write a few random scenes with the character you've created, it really gets the character into your ...

    Feb 3, 2006
  • Research Re: Value of Writing Clubs

    Are you involved in a youth writing group in your community? No. As far as I know, there isn't one. Would you attend one if it was avaible at a ...

    Feb 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    Me: *gets up in front of group* Hello, my name is Dusky. Group: *in unison* Hello, Dusky. Me: And I... *chokes up* want to be a dog walker, not a ...

    Feb 2, 2006


We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare