User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • Writing Tips Re: Your Muse

    I have no muse. *grins* Which is good, because we'd probably fight all the time considering all the fights I get into with my characters. Or maybe that's it, for ...

    Apr 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Boring is Good

    If you take the word "boring" and replace it with "slow" then I will agree with this. If the scene is actually boring, it's time to rewrite it. If it's ...

    Apr 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    Whoa. That seems like a good plan and three chapters in four days is certainly impressive. I think I'll try this with my next chapter since it seems to be ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Ages

    Me? I'm quite blessed. I have younger sister who are 9 and 14 and I work with my church's children a great deal and see a lot of small kids ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Book Idea

    As the others have said, if you flesh it out with some original/quirky characters and such, then I think this could be very good. Unfortunately, it also has the potential ...

    Apr 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    I've been trying to figure out how I would write it, but I honestly can't figure it out. I don't think I've ever written a male character that would actually ...

    Apr 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    *smacks forehead* Now why didn't I think of that! *groans at her own stupidity* Thank you. So much. I had thought about different fonts, but I wouldn't be able to ...

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    *considers that* It would avoid confusion, but the entire flow of the piece would be knocked out of whack. I don't think that that's really gonna be workable. Thanks for ...

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    No... the voices in one person's head would not be interacting with the voices in the other person's head.

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    I'm not sure how many of you have read my "Voices" series, but I've been working on them for several months now and am really enjoying myself. The basic idea ...

    Apr 12, 2006
  • Research Re: Most memorable album cover art???

    The most memorable album cover for me is the Pink Floyd one with the prism and the rainbow coming out the other side. I don't know what the album is ...

    Apr 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writers Block - Please help me!

    Honestly, I'm beginning to think that Writer's Block is just another way of saying that your internal editor is getting on your case too much. When I find that I'm ...

    Apr 11, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: detail-dumping - rated for language

    ah... examples... Yeah... I've got a few of those that I could probably give up as well. And I have to say, that just maybe you should cultivate that talent. ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: writing expirement for those who never end

    I'm beginning to learn the usefulness of outlines. I used to just start them when I was within the last few chapters of the book when I was trying to ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: detail-dumping - rated for language

    Now, I hope you're not saying that prologues are bad, because a prologue (when properly used) can be really helpful and intriguing. It's just when you try and pack every ...

    Apr 9, 2006


akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon