User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • Writing Tips Re: BEARISH!

    *twitches* Big bearish? I could settle for bearish without the "big" but unless you're looking for a laugh don't put those two words together, please. And honestly... I'd take the ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Research Re: Research for novel

    Arieda would also probably be someone that you could message. I can't help you much myself, though.

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Inebriation

    *looks over shoulder, half expecting Duskglimmer to be there* Hey. *grins* I don't know that I'm much help either. I haven't really been around drunk people (*thanks goodness*), and the ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Research Re: Obscure family relatedness (yes, I know that's not a word)

    *laughs* thanks, that helps a lot. I must learn that this Wikipedia thing knows everything .

    May 9, 2006
  • Research Re: Obscure family relatedness (yes, I know that's not a word)

    Can anyone point me toward a web site that explains some of the more obscure family relatednesses, i.e. "second cousin twice removed"? Any help you guys could give me would ...

    May 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Hidden Characters

    I love the idea of hidden characters. I'm one of those people that reads that kind of thing in a story and wanders around for the next week and a ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Witch Hunters Original?

    It may have been done once or twice, but it certainly isn't something that you see often. Give it a shot, see what happens. Even if it isn't original to ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Posture Fix

    Actually, there probably is a word for that (after all the english language has a word for everything else, including the mass murder of snakes), but most people wouldn't have ...

    May 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    "Borrowing" is okay. I borrow all the time. However, as the definition of borrowing requires giving it back at some time, I also give back the ideas that I took. ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    Oh. I meant to come back here a few days ago to say thank you, Snoink. This has helped a lot in getting the last few chapters written.

    May 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Sweetie!

    Sweetheart Love Dear Dearheart the list goes on and on... I mean, I have a relative that calls her husband her "Precious Frogpuss", so you can make just about anything ...

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Convince Me

    Convince Me Creating believable characters and story lines in Romantic Fiction If you look around the forums and collect various facts about me, you will find that I’m a sixteen-year-old ...

    Apr 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Your Muse

    Artistic types are nuerotic by nature. And Angie - there's a quote by one writer or another that says that writing is the only acceptable form of schizophrenia. Dream Deep ...

    Apr 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What is style?

    This is sort of a personal experience question for you all just to satisfy my curiosity, but have any of you read a story/poem/etc. in which you got the hint ...

    Apr 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What is style?

    I don't look at "style". Ever. I look at flow and mood and word choice and the style developes itself. :P

    Apr 26, 2006


The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire