User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • Fiction Discussion Re: what counts as a short story?

    According to Wikipedia: Determining what exactly separates a short story from longer fictional formats is problematic. A classic definition of a short story is that it must be able to ...

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good publishers....help!!

    Young Adult novles have a standard of between 80,000 and 100,000 words. The younger you go, the shorter it gets. Most adult novels are between 100,000 and 120,000 words. If ...

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: 1st and 3rd person?

    I haven't seen many where it works. Generally is has to be for a very specific purpose, otherwise it just looks like the writer was jumping around because he/she was ...

    Jul 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Writing Books

    I definately want to get a book published in my life time. I'm actually hoping that it will be my day job eventually. I've wanted to be a novelist since ...

    Jul 27, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I've already chosen, I've already married him, and I don't see that anyone could really not know the answer to that yet. ~ L'ira Cyrok ... I'll give you three ...

    May 15, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Too cold. You can always go and get more blankets or coats if you're too cold, but there's not much you can do about being too hot. ~ L'ira Cyrok ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I got along with both of them very well in the old days. I spent more time with Father since I was always sailing with him, but I never had ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Whether they trust me or not. If they're obviously distrustful of me, I distrust them. It's as simple as that. And then, really slick people, I never trust upon first ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: How fast can you type?

    IM taught me touch-typing. :P Really, I just learned through practice. I didn't even mean to start touch typing, it just happened. The more I was on the computer and ...

    May 4, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Critique Swap

    I don't have anything in the 15,000 word range, but I'll crit yours if you want.

    May 3, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Bunnies! Especially of the blue and pink variety. *pets the bunny in her lap* They make such excellent pets. Of course... I didn't know that when I got him... and ...

    May 3, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: How fast can you type?

    *grins* I love those things... they rock my socks. Here are my results: Results: Test name: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Gross Speed: 68 WPM Errors: 15 words Net Speed: ...

    May 3, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Dusky's Art (HEAVEN FORBID!)

    I haven't looked at my art in a while. *mumbles something about wondering what is with the trend of dredging old things up though* Thank you all for your comments ...

    Apr 28, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Nine times out of ten, I don't knock over the antique vase. It's the tenth time that kills me and gets Estal chasing after me for not having the proper ...

    Apr 27, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Grotesque? I've seen so many battles that I don't even want to remember the worst of the offenses commited there. Ask a man with a stronger stomach for violence and ...

    Apr 27, 2006


I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye