User avatar

Duskglimmer

  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    I'm up to a little under fifteen hours. That will change dramatically today though (if I have my way). And I wish that they would get those progress bars up ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    In the proper company. My mother get a singing instructor for Kadie and I when we were younger, but Kadie took to it much more readily than I did. Plus, ...

    Mar 12, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Oh... well... I still couldn't do that. I have waaaaay too many things that I need/want to change. And did I say eleven hours and twenty minutes? I meant thirteen ...

    Mar 10, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Ugh... editing. I've only grammar edited my novel about half way through and then I stopped and handed it off to some of my friends to edit. Hehe! It works ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    This. I'd much rather make what I have (this) work, than go off in search of something (that) that may or may not be any better. And when you look ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Sunlight. While candlelight has it's niceities, sunlight is so much more brilliant and cheerful. ~L'ira Cyrok "We are becoming today what we will be tomorrow." What do you think of ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Everyone already mentioned my favorites, but I have to admit, it did surprise me to find Sherwood Smith on the list here. I mean, I love Sherwood Smith (I even ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Crab meat is my favorite food... there is no lack of crabs at Crinton and they have grown on me in the months that I have lived there, but I ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    What sailor doesn't look up at the stars? There's the two sisters, Pathfinder and Guidance. And then there's Vis the hawk and Cyro the three-headed snake. Those are the first ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Who was your first love, and what attracted you to them? Aeroan. He was my first and is now my only. The first time I saw him, I was five ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    The Knife. Any idiot can pull a trigger and shoot someone. I takes skill to use a knife to defend yourself. Besides that, firearms are unpredictable and it takes too ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    I dont think we are somehow, I live 'downunder' *puts on a really bad accent* and i think there might be just a tad of a time diff. Oh.. yeah... ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    So, I've got nine hours and eleven minutes under my belt. I'm a little behind, but I'm catching up fairly quickly... (I barely did anything the first three days, so ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I like my name, for the most part. The only time I'm unhappy with it is when it's paired with my title. "Lady L'ira" just sounds corny. But my mother ...

    Mar 5, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Two-sided Novel

    I figured you were Shadowdancer. You kept your old avatar, so I didn't get too confused. And I can't wait to read it (the two sided novel, that is)...

    Mar 5, 2006


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)