User avatar

Ducati

  • Writing Tips Re: Gotta write a play!

    I'm taking a writers workshop class, and I love to write short stories and poetry, but there is this rule that you have to submit 4 different kinds of writing. ...

    May 19, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Short story guidelines

    Got this at school and thought it could help a little. We also read the black cat, which is an excellent example of his work, if you should care to ...

    Feb 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: A or An?

    An historical, an historic, a history. I don't get why, but my tongue won't let me say it the other way.

    Jan 24, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writer's Code of Law(s)

    Don't make your main character you: put a little of yourself into every character, but don't use the story to live out your own fantasies. Don't just write what you ...

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: What to italicize?

    I barely use italics and no-one has ever pulled me up on it. I use them in essays and sometimes in thought and dialogue but other than that, not really. ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Grammar Book

    Eats: shoots and leaves is an excellent and funny grammar book and I found it helped me with my grammar, even though I generally have a good hand on it.

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story Idea?

    It sounds like it could be good...if you write it well. No offense to Jodi Picoult fans but she comes up with good ideas, similar to this, and ruins them ...

    Jan 13, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: The Uber Writer's Block Thread

    I don't want to write. But I feel as if I must because I owe it to my characters. Is that messed up or what?

    Jan 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    My favourite Romance is in Jane Eyre...yep that ticks all the boxes. I've never tried romance, not being much of romantic myself. Maybe I could have a crack at it ...

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: If you're really struggling...

    Better get writing then, slave driver :D

    Dec 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing for Publishing?

    I probably be published after I die :roll: If I wrote something that I really thought was brilliant, I would submit it, but until then I'm really just exercising my ...

    Dec 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If you're really struggling...

    If you're really struggling with getting the words on paper, and constantly hating everything you are writing, but you really like your idea, what should you do? I can't churn ...

    Dec 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Room description

    Less is more. I have to post again to clarify that. The reader should create the world for themselves with a little help from you. Reading is should be just ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Room description

    I find a block of description is less annoying than the other way people do it. Trying to casually describe things. For example: "that's silly!" Marcus said as he sat ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Research Re: Airports?

    Well, there is a lot of waiting around. You go to front desk with your ticket and passport, wait in line then when you get to thr front, they weigh ...

    Dec 11, 2008


The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl