User avatar

Ducati

  • Media Reviews Re: Great American Novels

    I thought the Outsiders was good. Catcher in the rye was a bit of a yawn.

    Mar 29, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud

    Loved it! Totally character driven, just the way I like em. Must. Make. Movie.

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Anne Rice?

    Dracula by Bram Stoker was better than any books I've read of Anne Rice and Stephanie Meyer. Interview with a vampire was goodish, but I find her style of writing ...

    Jan 24, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Oh I forgot those baby sitters' club books. Those were truely awful.

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Catcher in the Rye has always been annoying for me to read. Too much complaining from Holden for me to enjoy it. I honestly don't see how it is considered ...

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a fantasy or historical thing about the break down of a monarchy, maybe family struggles? I would maybe pick it up. Sick Puppy.

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What's your favorite quote?

    Favourite book related quote: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx. :lol:

    Jan 8, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    It all went down hill since Poe... I don't think my poems are stunning, but I try to use you know at least two different emotions in each poem. I'd ...

    Jan 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    The friend one in Gone with the Wind? Um, Melanie or something. Good lord I wanted to smack her. Sometimes perfect characters are great because they can be perfectly infuriating. ...

    Jan 7, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: A poll

    Charlotte. But it's hard.

    Jan 7, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Book in a sentence

    1984 Guy rebels against futuristic opressive society;mainly a warning about socialism.

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Tarantella

    So way back when, probably when I was eight or so, I read this poem in a book in the library. I was compelled to read it out loud, till ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you can't think of a title but it's impossible to say what you want in only a few words, which is why you are ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Single Entries vs. Long Entries

    I would like it better if people split their chapters up into two parts. It's quite daunting to be faced with an entire chapter to fix up. Also the rate ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you don't actually write anything, but agonise for ages over what to write, ending up with no words, a glaring, obstinately empty white page ...

    Jan 2, 2009


Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud