User avatar

Ducati

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Doll

    Oops yeah forgot the my. I agree about eh second stanza. I want it to be there, but I don't know how to say what I want to say and ...

    Dec 7, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Starvation

    Depends if you have water or not. without water maybe 3 or 4 days, with water 2 weeks I think. But yeah, no ideas about animals.. However did you know ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Doll

    Hope this is the right place. I didn't mean to post another poem so soon after I posted one, but I had a conversation that made me want to right ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Accents and other languages

    Thankyou for your very detailed response. After reading this I'd decided to keep some French in, because the phrases I'm using are not complex and you can pick up the ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    I loved it when I was younger but know not so much. I think I read it just at the right time. Jane Eyre is better, and whoever said it ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Recommend your favorite book

    The Eyre Affair. Actually all Jasper Fforde books. It is obvious in his books that he loves books so much. They are really surreal and funny and engaging. You will ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Zhuang

    Ok, first of all, love the idea! I think you've got a good thing going but there are a few clunky moments that could be better. 1 The canisters were ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Accents and other languages

    Are you put off by people speaking other languages in books? Or the reader showing/not showing them speaking with an accent. I'm trying to show alienation in a country where ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Length of chapters

    Those answers really make sense. I'm a bit worried my chapter will be boring because it's sort of setting up the story but not really starting the main plot. Should ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Holdin' it down

    Hm think I'll bin this one. It really is a bit too personal. Thanks for the advice.

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Road not taken

    Frost reminiscencing about what WOULD HAVE BEEN had he taken a different road at some past juncture of his life. I took it as this as well. The poem is ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Holdin' it down

    It's short, sorry. I don't know if people will get it or not. I’m holdin’ it down. Writing my timesheet, pen slips off- squealing Smiling in the corridor arms start ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Getting Back to writing

    I live in Canberra, which is the Capital, but also the only city not on the coast :( I've tried and failed at many instruments over the year. Singing I ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Length of chapters

    How long should a first chapter/ introduction to a novel sort of be? I know this changes with books and many don't even have chapters. But I'm sort of moving ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Show, don't tell. Oldie but a goodie and one I still have trouble following

    Dec 6, 2008


Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell