User avatar

Ducati

  • Lounge, The Re: Recomend a book!

    E=MC squared Science for the everyday mind I think that's the name. Well it's just a fabulous book about the history of all the different scientific ideas and breakthroughs. I ...

    Jan 9, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Recomend a book!

    @Rosey unicorn: already read it! Hmm, for you, Every Which Way but dead or whatever the first one in the Rachel Morgan Series is. Just seems to fit. I dunno.

    Jan 9, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What's your favorite quote?

    Favourite book related quote: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx. :lol:

    Jan 8, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Recomend a book!

    So I'm not sure if this would go here or another forum thing, please move if totally wrong. What you do if recomend a book for the person before you, ...

    Jan 8, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    It all went down hill since Poe... I don't think my poems are stunning, but I try to use you know at least two different emotions in each poem. I'd ...

    Jan 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    The friend one in Gone with the Wind? Um, Melanie or something. Good lord I wanted to smack her. Sometimes perfect characters are great because they can be perfectly infuriating. ...

    Jan 7, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: A poll

    Charlotte. But it's hard.

    Jan 7, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does lying about yourself in a new school really help you?

    Weigh the risk of being found out and the consequences against the benefits you'd get from lying and then decide... But what would you lie about? You can't hide your ...

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'Censorship limits free speech and so should be banned.'

    But what about books that teach people how to make explosives? Or similarly dangerous material? Should they at least be restricted?

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    My favourite Romance is in Jane Eyre...yep that ticks all the boxes. I've never tried romance, not being much of romantic myself. Maybe I could have a crack at it ...

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'Censorship limits free speech and so should be banned.'

    I think no fiction should be censored. No books expressing an opinion should be censored. For example, a while ago (don't remember when) A guy in Australia was selling a ...

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Book in a sentence

    1984 Guy rebels against futuristic opressive society;mainly a warning about socialism.

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'Censorship limits free speech and so should be banned.'

    Well what books could be justified in being censored? Only thing I can think of is like anarchists cookbook and underage porn can still be found on the internet somehow.

    Jan 5, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Foreign films

    I think French Humour is different from other countries, very funny indeed but also I think it is that only the best films usually make it to overseas Audiences. Martial ...

    Jan 5, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The Wikipedia game.

    Wicket Keeper! Haha cricket

    Jan 5, 2009


Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix