Random avatar

Debarghya

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Soulmate

    Soulmate An Autumn afternoon, I sat on the porch alone- When I suddenly saw you walk round the corner, My heart leapt with joy, I went in your pursuit, But ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Eye of God

    Hey this is an amazing poem.Keep writing!

    Jun 10, 2009


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate