User avatar

Davethepenquin

  • Lounge, The Re: The Dark Knight Rises discussion

    I thought that it was much more of a sequel to Batman Begins rather than a sequel to The Dark Knight. What I really liked was how tightly it fitted ...

    Jul 27, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Path To Achieving Peace

    :shock: Are you for real??? So - What happens if an innocent person is found guilty in court and executed? And, for someone wanting to be with someone they love ...

    May 26, 2012
  • General Articles Re: Does Money Equal Happiness?

    Very nice essay - It is for Geography I expect for the Human elements of Geography, like economical stuff (LEDC, MEDC, all that) and social stuff. The reason it is ...

    Dec 15, 2011
  • Archive Re: Temporal Tears

    Name: Leonardo Salvesteer (sal-vest-ear) Sex: Male Age: 46 Time Period (Year): late 1990's Appearance: 5"6" with short, trimmed black hair that is greying around the edges. He has pale skin ...

    Nov 17, 2011
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Batman: Arkham City Fanfic

    PREDATOR Grin was nervous. He – He was coming, and Grin knew it. He could see it on the faces of his fellow prisoners. “If that freak comes near us ...

    Nov 15, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Empaths - Chapter 1

    Hello! This is very good. (I'm awful at reviews) Logan seems like an awesome character, in that his being kind-of depressed and wallowing in self pity/disdain is something not often ...

    Nov 1, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Short Action Scene

    Pretty flipping good my friend! I'm bad at writing reviews, so sorry about the following paragraph of nonsense. Its very pacey (if that's a word) and the use of a ...

    Oct 29, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: 5 Haiku

    Many naive people think that haikus are easy to write, but having a syllable restraint makes it harder to convey imagery that with other kinds of poems. However, AwesomeSocks, your ...

    Sep 4, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Watched(expanded)

    This story is awesome! I agree with catchingWave that there are a few grammatical mistakes but i really enjoyed reading this. Very Good. :D

    Sep 4, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: He-Man: Burden of a Hero Chapter 2

    10 Days earlier... In the centre of the rocky badlands, He-Man and She-Ra unsheathed their swords, ready to battle their old enemies. Thirty paces away Skeletor, and his old master ...

    Jul 18, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Colin Strider Chapter Five

    I must agree with Sandvich on everything he said. Maybe the phone working on a diferent planet could be an extension of one of the charecters powers. Colin can "control" ...

    Jul 16, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: He-Man: Burden of a Hero Chapter 1

    By the way, this is a 3-parter, maybe with an epilogue.

    Jul 15, 2011
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Dead Space - Security (Chapter One and Two)

    "Ill Be Back!" To read the rest! Dead Space – Security One Josef screamed and struggled, but to no avail. The man, no, creature on top of him slashed at ...

    Jul 15, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: He-Man: Burden of a Hero Chapter 1

    Prince Adam held the sword aloft, and pointed its golden blade at the star-filled sky. "By the power of Greyskull!" He roared Suddenly, a blinding light shone from the hilt ...

    Jul 15, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Colin Strider Chapter Four

    Glad to see you're keeping this novel up! Colin woke from the nightmare with perspiration dripping down every inch of his body. The dream had caused a restless sleep even ...

    Jul 14, 2011


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch