User avatar

DarkerSarah

  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm TRYING to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Chbosky, The Source by Michener, AND Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis. Ugh.

    Apr 6, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    No, I haven't. I need to. *Jots down on list of movies to see* Ugh, speaking of...I have an oral proficiency exam I have to go to in a few ...

    Apr 5, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    Pablo Neruda and Federico Garcia Lorca are two of my personal favorites, though I don't know how influential they've been in American culture, as they are both Spanish. :-) Walt ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorites in Classic Literature...

    Anna Karenina The Hunchback of Notre Dame Pride and Prejudice The Lord of the Rings (classic enough?) Hamlet The Scarlet Letter

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    I really need to read Ender's Game ...I've heard a lot of good things about it. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy...hearing that people hate this book makes me want to ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    No...God didn't write THROUGH these people. Men wrote the Bible. Moses, Luke, Paul, John Mark...just men. Hopefully God ordained and preserved the Bible and the truth throughout time, but no, ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    God didn't write the Bible even if you ARE a Christian. He only wrote it if you're ignorant about its history and compilation. But the Bible IS a nice book. ...

    Feb 23, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Like I said, I appreciate the fact that he wrote it to bring more awareness to the way an austic child thinks, but I didn't enjoy the style it was ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Anna Karenina is a lot more complex than just a love story. You're not going to be able to read any epic, be it Les Miserables , The Count of ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Robin McKinley

    Young adult fantasy, mainly. I've only read Blue Sword. It was very, very good. She's a very talented young adult writer. I think she also wrote, Beauty , a modern ...

    Jan 19, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Ana Karenina

    I love this book. One of my favorites, by far. I like the fact that the characters aren't likeable. They're so real . And it came so long before soap ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Classics- Recommendations

    Triona! It excites me so much that you put down Anna Karenina ! It's the best book I've ever read, period. Loved it, loved it. Some consider it the greatest ...

    Oct 19, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Interview with a Vampire - Ann Rice

    I think I was personally more impressed with Brad Pitt as Louis. I think he really captured the tortured essence of the character. Tom Cruise didn't do Lestat justice for ...

    Oct 19, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

    My dad LOVED this book. You really are a 40 year old man! Hehe... He wants me to read it, you think I should, eh?

    Oct 19, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Have you guys read these books?

    Um...yeah...it's good. It's definitely not an upper, that's for sure. It's really depressing and sad, but I like the way it's written, and it's an interesting read, period. Gives you ...

    Aug 22, 2005


It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman