User avatar

DarkerSarah

  • Lounge, The Re: Soundtrack of Music

    Karma Police- Radiohead Sunday Morning- Maroon 5 Clumsy Card House- Blue October London's Calling- The Clash Don't Look Back in Anger- Oasis Back to Me- John Mayer Bittersweet Symphony- The ...

    Apr 15, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Shakespeare: Before his time? Greatest writer known to man?

    Bobo: I think it's called Shakespeare Abridged. A friend of mine did that for a Humorous Interpretation piece at a forensics tournament once. I about cried he was so funny! ...

    Apr 8, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: Favorite Genre

    I like whatever. As long as it's well written and has an interesting, consistent plot, I'll read it. Probably my favorite books to read are classics (that's not a genre, ...

    Apr 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Battle of the Bands

    Good God this is horrible. I'm breaking up this pop fest (and reminding everyone this is a battle of the BANDS. I'm not sure if solo artists apply, but I ...

    Apr 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Battle of the Bands

    The Ramones vs. Nirvana

    Apr 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Shakespeare: Before his time? Greatest writer known to man?

    I've seen the Kenneth Branaugh version. I liked the interpretation better than the Hamlet Gibson one, but I think he was too old to play Hamlet. And when I read ...

    Apr 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: I hate Makeup

    hottest guy ever with make up? the lead singer from the killers in the Mr. Brightside video. WHO KNEW GUYS COULD LOOK SO HOT WITH EYELINER? I've never seen that ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vote to Count

    But Gerrymandering is mainly for local politics, right? Like electing just seems as though our pathetic 6 electoral votes could be divided 4-2 or something like that. Supposedly, that would ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: What career do you want to advance in?

    I don't know what I want to do with my life. Maybe open a bed and breakfast. Maybe be a photographer. Maybe be an entrepreneur. Maybe an architect. *shrugs* This ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Battle of the Bands

    Since Arv and I accidentally posted at the same time, I'm replying to this one. Fugazi (by far) Fugazi vs. Radiohead

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Battle of the Bands

    :( Not so much a fan of either. U2 vs. Radiohead

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vote to Count

    *coughliberalmediacough* *gasp* *Points to Qi's post* What he said. I turned 18 right after this past election. Grrr... The main problem I have with voting is that I'm liberal, and ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: I hate Makeup

    I wear makeup very, very rarely, because most of the time, my skin is fairly clear. But like, today, I was having a breakout and so I wore concealer and ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Battle of the Bands

    red hot chilli peppers vs. death cab for cutie

    Mar 30, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The right religion

    Or, perhaps a better phrasing, religion is what ensures us that there is life after death. Of course, this means there is, essentially, no death, but only an incarnation of ...

    Mar 28, 2005


It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey