User avatar

DarkerSarah

  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Prose: "Chronicles of the Dhampir: Emergence"

    I rewrote the second part of my story, if you'd like to read it and comment on it. I put in a little more detail. I think it's better. -Sarah

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Prose: "Chronicles of the Dhampir: Emergence"

    This is such a good start. The main two things I don't like are the name 'Bob' and the fact that they all just woke up in front of this ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Part II of my (hopeful) novel

    You've inspired me to rewrite this part. I'll do that, and then edit this post. Is your story posted on these boards? I'd love to read it! And good luck ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Part II of my (hopeful) novel

    I appreciate your comment greatly. The ten years is, indeed, figurative. You're right, it is too short. It's hard for me to go into great detail when I've got an ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

    Harry is going to die, I'm pretty sure, not until book seven, of course. Harry doesn't annoy me. Ron annoys me in the movies. I like him so much better ...

    Jan 23, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Cyra, Gift of the Water Ch. 1

    I really like the beginning when you are describing the ship. I wish you took as much time (or more) on describing and introducing the characters. I think that this ...

    Jan 23, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Part II of my (hopeful) novel

    Thanks to the er...4 people who reviewed the first part of this. If you would like to read the introduction please go here: Part I . Even though I appreciate ...

    Jan 23, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: A new book, hopefully

    Haha...I think it's important to know your parts of speech and grammar when writing a story so: adjectives: descriptive words, i.e. pretty, sad, monstrous...adverbs modify a verb: slowly, very, merril

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: A new book, hopefully

    I think you could be on to something here. The dialogue is very good. There is just one piece of advice I have to offer: when editing, always lose the ...

    Jan 17, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: School aka Prison

    Awe! I agree with ElectricBlueMonkey that he really just needs to add more detail. I'm not really sure about the blowing up the school thing...But it sounds like he's got ...

    Jan 11, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Opening to (hopefully) a novel

    This is the opening to a novel I have in my head. Hopefully, it will eventually get put onto paper. I know it needs revising, and I'd really like some ...

    Jan 11, 2005
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Really Short Short Story

    A rose-petal morning rose over the Nightlands. I really like "rose-petal morning" but I don't think you should use "rose" twice in that sentence, even though their denotations are different. ...

    Jan 11, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Story w/o a name! Very short...

    This moves pretty quickly, and gets the reader interested in what's going to happen. Since there really isn't much to review, and as others have covered most of what I'd ...

    Jan 11, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo

    I had to read The Hunchback for my AP Senior English class, and I rarely like books I'm assigned to read, so I didn't even consider liking this one. Even ...

    Jan 3, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Another Writer On Board!

    Hi guys! I'm glad to be here. I'm really interested in writing, and hope to someday write The Great American Novel. Ha ha...but isn't that all of our wish? I'm ...

    Jan 3, 2005


This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes