User avatar

DarkerSarah

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Donald Duck and Jacky the Neutered Cat

    Good job, Areida. Too bad I still don't know what Donald Duck has to do with a boy cat having babies...Did Donald Duck ever have a kitten? *blinkblinkblink* I love ...

    Mar 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The constant Gardener

    No way. I freaking loved this movie. Best one I've seen in a long time. Makes me sad it's not up for more Oscars. it up for any? None of ...

    Mar 4, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Flight of the Pegasus: Part 1

    Good job, overall. It needs polishing, I think, but if it's part of a novel, then you've definitely got a long way to go without worrying about polishing. :lol: "It ...

    Mar 4, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: the epigone, I

    Antigone? As in, Oedipus Rex? ... Beautiful work nonetheless. Breathtaking. Except for the part about the trousers. It kind of has a comical feel to it and doesn't fit smoothly ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: For You, I'll Speak French

    Very nice. Has a Pablo Neruda feel to it, only...English...and French. :D My favorite line? "we laughed because we're poets" Love it and I don't know why. You should be ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A World Away

    W00t, Rei's back! You would make an amazing children's writer, Rei. I know I've already told you that, but you write with such pure simplicity. I actually really enjoyed it. ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Hopeland (Chapter 1)

    Considering the fact that this is a very immature piece of writing...I actually liked it. Your sentences were run-ons throughout the entire thing, but they worked. I liked the empty, ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    I really need to read Ender's Game ...I've heard a lot of good things about it. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy...hearing that people hate this book makes me want to ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    No...God didn't write THROUGH these people. Men wrote the Bible. Moses, Luke, Paul, John Mark...just men. Hopefully God ordained and preserved the Bible and the truth throughout time, but no, ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    God didn't write the Bible even if you ARE a Christian. He only wrote it if you're ignorant about its history and compilation. But the Bible IS a nice book. ...

    Feb 23, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Idiots At the Bus Stop (title pending)

    Areida, you totally read my mind about the Dunces. Don't call them Dunces and then not make them in the slightest bit a dunce. And since this guy is obviously ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Lady: I love teh kitty! You are so pretty.

    Feb 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bonfire at the Island

    Um...I almost did think this was overly descriptive. In writing, generally, less is more. Today it is. "...was this reality, or was it truth?" Reality and truth are too similar ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Like I said, I appreciate the fact that he wrote it to bring more awareness to the way an austic child thinks, but I didn't enjoy the style it was ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Yay, the return of the camwhores! But where's Crysi? Post, Crysi, post! TBR: he's cute! Areida: I like your hair curly, but I'm curly headed, so I guess that makes ...

    Feb 17, 2006


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein